Damn Yankees do Paragon, again. May 1st & 2nd

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well it looks like we've settled on May 1st and 2nd for the annual DYDR's spring ride at Paragon. Lats year we had nearly 30 riders and I hope we'll have more this year. My shoulder and hand have healed up from last springs ride so I'm ready to go.

It looks like we'll even have a visitor from California this year :)

I will check on getting a discount at the camp ground again this year. Trigger did a good job last year and got a $10 rate for the night.

Now I have to get working on all the winter maintenance on my bike so it will be ready in time. :eek:

More info will follow as it becomes available. I can't be on DRN as much as I used to due to the "man" cracking down and limiting my access from work but I'll be here often enough.

I hope everyone had a happy Holiday. :)

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I think I can make it......maybe even both days this time :thumb:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm in with my buds, and if we bring our kids that makes 9 of us.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Well as always, if PK goes I go...

See you there!

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
ok I know I always say I am going to make the ride.
So don't let me back out of this one ok guys. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I can drag Scott along Papa Keith.
Maybe even Hucker will have a bike again????????????????????????
Anyway I've been wayyyyyy busy this last year, so I haven't been on the forums at all.
But I haven't forgotten you guys.
I might even surprise you all with a showing at Dirt Week.
I better not push it. One thing at a time.
Make sure I go!!!!!!!!!!
later
kaw out

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
OMG He lives! It'd be so cool to see you at Paragon...we won't let you live it down if you don't make it!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
No problem, I'll keep bugging you. It's been too long since we've sat around a campfire and looked at those vapor trails that jets make.

Say hello to Hucker for us. How is Scott doing? He was all puffed up the last time we saw him(musta been an alergic reaction to something) Hopefully the swelling has gone down some!:p

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by Papakeith
How is Scott doing? He was all puffed up the last time we saw him(musta been an alergic reaction to something) Hopefully the swelling has gone down some!:p

:laugh: I hope he's ok :laugh:

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
hahah,
nope still puffed up. and goofy as usual.
I'll pass the message to Huck.
yup do miss the campfires and vapour trails
later dude

kaw out

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
I see that there are a lot of people form NY coming down to Paragon. Is there a shortage of riding areas in NY or is Paragon just the best place you guys can find that's close?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
riding areas in both NY and NJ are scarce.  But this is also the best place that is centrally located for everyone.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Off I-81 in Hazelton, PA between routes I-80 & I-78

Check out www.paragonap.com for more info.

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
I'm surprised that there aren't that many places in NY. I used to go to a camp in Speculator NY when I was a kid and there is so much open land up there. I would think that there would be a place to ride. I'm going to try W. VA this summer to see what it's like down there. BTW, there is a small bike shop in the town of Tamaqua PA called Thorn's Cycles on Rt.309 South if you ever have any mechanical problems while at Paragon. It's only a few miles South and you can't miss it when coming into town.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
There isn't a lot of legal wide open trails in NY anymore. There never really was but no one ever bothered you years ago. If your bike is registered that is some land to ride on but I prefer MX and trails so I just have an MX bike that can't be registered. There are lots of MX tracks and some private land that bikers own but there is nothing like what's at Paragon

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Sorry I've been absent from this discussion. Lot's of things happening in the Woods' household up to and including expansion. I'll pencil the dates in, but they remain iffy at best. I like the singletrack at Paragon. Hopefully the motorized couches haven't ruined them yet.

There is no legal public land for motorized recreation in NY. Most riding is done on private land or outlaw trails. Several clubs in the state either own, lease or have access to private land. There is also a company called Trailpass that is opening private motorized recreation sited throughout the state. There is a state-wide ATV registration program and there are ways to street register an off-road motorcycle, but RM_guy is either too lazy or too cheap. ;)

Top Bottom