BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think Big Lou had a thread on the topic 'bad mojo day'.

Well, I went against the mojo, and paid the price. Anyway, I decided on Saturday to take the kid and myself riding at the river, was a bit rushed up, so I got off early to uhaul to get the trailer. At the same time Jonathan was supposed to be at his piano lesson. Get back with the trailer, find the wife asleep, and Jonathan playing video games with his pals, blow a fuse, send them home, and Jonathan to his room. Say to myself, no riding today, still, I have hired a trailer, so I load up the bikes and gear, get Jonathan out of his room and head on out to the river.

Well, we get there, I unload my bike, roll it off the trailer, start it up, do a leisurely turn on the grass, head back towards the car, and decide to pop a wheelie in second. (This is all Katie's fault). The bike comes up very easily and I bring it right up, almost over, right to the point of no return, shut the gas, and instead of coming down straight, the bikes rolls over sideways, and a land flat on my face in the dirt - no helmet, no protection, no boots, bike lands on my right leg, and I yelp to Jonathan to get the bike of my leg. He just stares at me with big eyes, by the time he gets to me, I have pulled my leg out, the shoe is left under the bike. I later hear, that it was a great wheelie, and he only closed his eyes a split second before my face plant. luckily it was fairly soft grass and dirt, and I only grazed my forehead and bridge of my nose - if it had been rocky or hard, I may have been seriously hurt.

Jonathan even has the gall to tell me that he hopes that I have learnt to not only wear a helmet, but never show off as well - this from an eight year old.

Now, most of us would have packed up and gone home, but I decided to stay and ride for a couple of hours, and we had a fantastic time, no spills or prangs, and we did some cool trails - for the second time out on the JR80, Jonathan did great with his clutch and gears.

Oh yeah, also thanks to having a two year old, there were wet wipes in the car, so I managed to clean off the muck and blood before we got down to riding. not a bad day after all. Wife had a funny look on her face when I returned home.

:)

BTW, Katie Dirtfamily, you should have no problem putting that P280 on its back wheel, just try to land softly on whichever cheeks you choose !

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Maybe I stole you mojo becasue I had a awsome ride saturday. Finaly got the parts for my bike and fixed it. Only saw one snake on the road to camp and none on the trail and I managed to make it home in one peice. Sorry you had such a bad start to the ride. I'll try to keep my fingers out of the mojo jar from now on.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
bad mojo for me this weekend too, flat tire and no pre-mix not to mention that all of a sudden my bike hates its current jetting and almost refuses to run :(

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
that all of a sudden my bike hates its current jetting and almost refuses to run

SMB,

That wasn't bad mojo, it was the ridiculous humidity down there last weekend.

Jetting wasn't an issue for me though. I wasn't able to bring my bike with me this time (talk about bad mojo) so I was forced to walk a section of the dorr run loop on my way out of town on sunday.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Glad to hear you faired out fine with that spill Buttdoo, that'll teach ya!:) It usually takes things like that to slow me down a notch or two, just cause I don't really want to hear for the rest of the year. coming home with damage to my skin is another thing on the list of things to NOT do to save face from Mrs. Elk. She tends to poke me in the ouweee when she smells blood!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I sympathize Bundu! I once took my bike out on the jetting loop at the track to warm it up. I wore my helmet and boots but not my chest protector or even my gloves! Of cours i caught a rut whil I wasn't apying attention and went down like a beef sized sack of taters, and when the dust clears this 9- year old rides up to me and say '' Gee mister you are supposed to wear all of your gear when you ride '' out of the mouths of baes. Guess Jimmy Buffet was right there is no dumbass vaccine. :o
PS I get no sympathy at my house either Elk, my Mrs. says self inflicted wounds get lauged at , not cared for.

DirtFamily

Jan 2, 2002
ROFLMAO!!! :aj:
Glad to hear I won't have any trouble with wheelies on the 280 Pampera!!
I actually learned wheelie-ing, somewhat, by necessity at MOAB 2 weeks ago due to the little rock ledges on the way up the big rocks! LOL!

The scarest time was when I was going up this steepish rock and went over a bump and didn't realize right away that I WAS wheelie-ing! GEEEEEZ!

I haven't had the guts or the bike to try since I came back from MOAB to find that the main fork stem bolt (or whatever that main big 30mm bolt is called!) was out about 1/2 inch...the darn screw that was supposed to keep it in place was gone! With the help of John and the GasGas video, we took off the forks, re-greased the bearings, and put it all back together....geeeez what a pain! But I'm sure getting good at working on that bike! :confused:

Now I'm all ready to go again for another round - Moab sure scared the crap out of me but after getting over the fact that you can actually STICK to the rock, it was a BLAST!!

Katie, who did NOT cause Alan to crash w/o gear - I'm innocent I tell you!

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Bundu,Bundu,Bundu you must not let the little Gas Gas do that to you. Let those things do it to you once and they'll think they can get away with it everytime. ;)

You not wearing your gear is a whole different issue. :| Glad Jonathon is around to keep you straight. :debil:

Top Bottom