ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Anyone familiar with or know of, a data aquiusition set-up that would be solid and compact enough for mounting on a mxer?

I have come to the conclusion, that for purely fine tuning one machine, in its real world environment, a dyno does not cut it. Atleast the average inertia dyno, and certainly not mounted in my shop. So I'm seriously considering becoming informed on this style tuning tool instead of purchasing a dyno. Especially since my needs have nothing to do with selling dyno pulls, just R&Ding mods to a specific couple bikes, and making them as near perfect as possible on race day.

Any insight would be very welcome, as I'm getting ready to spend money in an area that's new to me.

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
Try go-kart suppliers. They have some pretty sophisticated, and compact on-board computer gear.

Arguably, the most useful portable tuning tool is an exhaust gas temperature (EGT) recorder. With some practice, you can tell a lot about how the engine is running from the EGT.

If you're really adventurous, you can construct your own data acquisition system. Omega Engineering has most everything you need. http://www.omega.com

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Contact PrecisionAutoResearch.com

Race Data Power id a huge software collection that can be used with their system. for under a 1000 you can get a 4 - 8 input system rolling. RPM, Throttle position, Wheel Speed, Braking, Cyl head temp, EGT, Air/Fuel can be monitored. Alot of data can be had like all the tuning info you will need from jetting to timing. You can plot a Track map that will shop the MX track and the "lines you took" lap by lap (not great detail but useful).

Neat stuff. I have most of the stuff but did not hook it up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ochster said:
Anyone know of, a data aquiusition set-up that would be solid and compact enough for mounting on a mxer?
QUOTE]

ochster.

Check this little item out. It is a G-Tech Pro Competition Performance Meter.

It works through a four axis G-force technology. Has four built in accelerometers. Hand held, does not have to be mounted. Costs $250.00

Check it out at www.madvet.com
Part # 105-033

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Ol'89r

Top Bottom