JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
It was pretty weak. "Tepid" is the word that comes to mind. Jamie Little's interviews were the only redeeming factor. I'm not just saying that because she's hot. She was the only breath of fresh air. Everybody else acted like they were made out of wood.

It could have been worse, but not by much. I'm not hating CCE, but they keep making bone-headed moves.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
David Bailey hit the nail on the head. I taped it and it wasn't worth it. 30 minutes of talking and pre race crap, no heat races, and very bad race coverage. I understand the rain and mud, but this was very weak production and coverage. The rider question of the week was absolutely the lamest in SX history.

It was very weak at best

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'm not sure if the production was poor because of the weather situation or the quick televised turnaroud time that CCE tried to attain. I think the editing sucked for sure. I'm sure the producers and annoucers(Steele & Coombs) knew that the race coverage would be a flop because of track conditions, so it's not fair to judge so soon. However, without a seasoned champ/veteran like DB pointing out info we all want to hear about, I'd say the SX season on TV could prove to be a disaster.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It was on again today... they showed the heat races, not the overview of last year.

I think the overall poor picture quality, sound etc., was probably due to equipment they "probably" rented there and not wanting to destroy equipment in that environment.

Give 'em at least a couple races before judging, sheez.

That being said, the
"World SX" thing is a joke. Drop the Euro rounds. There aren't even any top Euro riders there for crying out loud.

And CCE? Next day coverage is a MAJOR step forward, with or without Bailey. Props for that.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
That's right. No Euro riders, not enough Euro fans to break even, drags the season out another month for cryin' out loud...If they want to do WSX, put a 10 round Euro series together and let the Euros ride it. The US riders have enough on their plates without giving CCEs play-like series mouth-to-mouth.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
It wasn't a good start for sure, without DB it will suck anyway! I was glad they finally got rid of Ert Ackman.........uh but now the Cameron Steel what a wiener.....hyuck!

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Yeah drop the Euro rounds....but Okie I disagree with the World SXGP thing being dumped. I think this is the only sport Ill ever say with this but I think they should just bestow that title onto the 16 round AMA USSX series (as if the AMA and FIM could ever agree to that!!...but one recognised AMA/FIM World Champion would be easy to market everywhere in the world). Lets face it the AMA Series is and has effectively been the World Championship for SX since it began.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
They certainly started the year off right. Pre-empted right out of the gate by a ball game. It was only a few minutes but did they have to eliminate the qualifying so we could see Tyler and Ernesto?
How many times did they mention that Brown was riding a 2 stroke? Anybody half way paying attention could notice that it was a 450F. The question of the week was a total disgrace. Heck, the mere sight of Tyler Evans is a disgrace to me. He should just make his way to the FMX circuit of misfits where he belongs. When is Fonseca going to quit mumbling and learn how to say something. He always talks (mumbles) in circles without really saying anything. He makes Jeff Emig sound pretty good. Finally, What's with the 2 year old THOR commercial?
Lame, lame, lame.............

I do aplaud the riders, that was the nastiest mud race I've ever seen.

OK, I'm off the box. Your turn..............

B

biglou

I don't think they pre-empted the qualifiers, I think they just didn't have the production ready. They rebroadcast yesterday afternoon with the heat races and then the main again. Next week, coverage is on Sunday, two full hours with all the heats and mains. Hopefully we'll get to see the 125's and the 250's.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I read DB's comments. What does he mean by the CCE Ricky Carmichael payment comment? Maybe I'm missing something, but if that is true, it's just plain unfair. CCE can't pay one rider a fee just to show up.

royf

Apr 27, 2002
"I couldn't see enough of any bike to tell if it was a 2 or 4 stroke. You sure about that though? Seems to me Camron would know better"

Brown's bike was a 4-Stroke. I heard the same thing from the announcers. You could tell by the sound of the bike in a couple shots, and the pipe and the engine. I replayed those parts to be sure what I heard them say was correct.

I enjoyed the race, reminds me of some of the nasty races of my youth, but can usderstand why some would be bored with it.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'm 99% sure that Brown wasn't on a 2-stroke.

Last edited:
B

biglou

Brown was on a 450, and one of the announcers incorrectly said (when he stalled it early in the main) "...and he's on a two-stroke, too."

Top Bottom