TASMITH

Nov 9, 2001
rat,what type of dye are you using?db is and will always be a champion to the tenth degree.ok,he didn't pierce something thats going to effect his ability to tell you and the rest of us why things did and didn't work on the track,but he DID LIVE IT!HE WILL BE MISSED!another dumb move by the network.sorry piXXED's off.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
TASMITH read my reply again. Hey I'm on your side. DB is a legend and a damn man for not letting a life changing injury slow him down one bit. I'm interested in the sport, not the MX lifestyle portrayed by ESPN2 and crap rags like Transworld MX.
I'd be the first to defend DB. Hell I read Cycle News cover to cover. Cameron Steele was the dufus I was referring to--not DB.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Taz, I don't know why your so pissed. Face it man DB is a has been, we need a guy in the booth who can break it down for the kids the way only a past body boarding champ can. You see, this racing crap gets old fast for the playstaion generation. I say show more Sobe laps and RaceX pit pass and whatever other fluff they can think up and spare us of all of this racing crap. DB come on, what has he done realy, I don't think the guy has ever even pulled a clean back flip. Gotta run and dye my hairs (Grecian #5 buy the way) and get my nipple tatooed.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
DB is the man. So is Hannah, RJ and many others. I'm afraid that our sport is going from the fringe (unique people enjoying a fun hobby) to being hip (extreme sports that attract teens with 2 second attention span). I know I must be getting old now: I'm starting to blame the younger generations.
Really though, almost every damned motorcycle mag (focused on dirt) is 90% freestyle and motocross. I saw the post complaining about REV going under, but it didn't have that hip/hop style and probably suffered.
Although ESPN may have been the force, I doubt they are turning away moeny (advertisers who are desparate for fad junkie gen Z). So for those of us not old enough to be boomers, and not young enough to be hip, we're screwed and will be forced to listen to dirtbike commentators that hyped up like ADD kids on chocolate covered sugar bombs mixed with Red Bull.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
How many sports can you think of where a big reason to tune in was to hear the announcer. Monday Night Football? Did we tune in there to hear Dierdorf choke on his megalic tongue, and drool on the mic? Al Michaels? Hell, Art Eckman was the voice of the Raiders for more than a decade, and put all those guys to shame, yet was canned from SX.

David was nearly as talented an SX/MX announcer as he was a rider. You knew damn good and well he knew what he was talking about. With football (eg), you don't need someone to explain to you that the reason Priest Holmes ran away from Buchanon (ouch) was that he was FASTER. You DO, however, need David Bailey to explain to you just exactly why, in that one section, Reed passed RC. SX/MX is a much more intense viewing experience than the standard sport for that reason--and it pays to have someone there that's done it before.

But that's not all, because remember Daytona last year? It was RJ, and man...he was terrible . I won't expand on that, because I like the guy and he was a childhood hero of mine.

Bailey brings it all. ESPN...your friggin' loss.

TASMITH

Nov 9, 2001
RAT,I'AM SORRY,NO OFFENSE TO YOU<NOTHING BUT LOVE MY BROTHER,just hard to let go of something i looked forward to watching and listening too,30ish maybe to old ,but my kid will remember (2months old)glad we still have vhs,and somewhat of a memory.TAS

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Damn, I thought I had you hook line and sinker!! I was just busting, it sucks but what can we do. I'm not a big sticker guy but the one sticker I do have on the back of my van is a Racer X Bailey #1. The guy was almost as good in the booth as he was on the track. Anyone who has been as lucky as I have too see that guy on a 5 hunny will never forget.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by super rat
Damn, I thought I had you hook line and sinker!! I was just busting, it sucks but what can we do. I'm not a big sticker guy but the one sticker I do have on the back of my van is a Racer X Bailey #1. The guy was almost as good in the booth as he was on the track. Anyone who has been as lucky as I have too see that guy on a 5 hunny will never forget.

We may not agree on Fad Reed....But you gotta be a cool dude with that statement....David Bailey IMHO was on his way to superstardom for that era if it wasn't for his unfortunate accident......He was awesome and he's a great announcer...This is not good for our sport.

Top Bottom