DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
David has been known to ruffle a few feathers from time to time but I find some of his comments hilarious. This was one of those. Enjoy!

October 7, 2005

David Pingree and Sky Team Part ways
- press release -

Former motocross racer David Pingree has once again retired from full-time professional competition. Pingree was contracted by Chinese manufacturer Sky Team to compete on their motocross model, the ST 250 Tornado. After a dismal (and by most accounts embarrassing) debut at the Glen Helen National, the two have parted ways amicably.

Pingree released this statement regarding the dissolved relationship:

"I just came to realize that in the interest of my health and well-being I should never ride that motorcycle again. I don't mean that in a demeaning way, because that would be a breach of contract. It's just that every time I rode that Tornado, I thought I was going to die. Sky Team is a wonderful company and I'm sure, with all the people they have over there in China, they will find someone to work the bugs out of that thing."

There is still a lawsuit pending on Pingree and the Sky Team corporation. The class action suit, brought on by a small mobile-home park in rural Kansas over the bike's name, is scheduled to go to court next month.

Stay tuned for the entire story of Team Tornado in an upcoming issue of Racer X Illustrated.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom