High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I had seriously thought about going to Bremen, but I'm knid of worried about the crowd for my youngest. Also, the 5 hour trip home Sunday night is not too enticing.

Looks like several of us are going to hit Aonia Pass on Sunday. Anybody else?

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
:)

Let's see. Leave Church at 11, 1 hour to Aonia, changing into gear while driving down I20, pay and unload, dash onto track at 11:15, ride til 2:30, load up, leave at 3, arrive at meeting at 4 in riding gear. Yep that works. :) Not sure I can get approval from the boss on that though....

You will thoroughly enjoy the new clockwise direction. Just be careful over the high speed double out of the ess turn just before the whoops- its kinda hard to clear, hit it hard on it in 4th and its all good... :) Peace

ps- Tommy will love the pee wee track. Very nice!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
p.s. you will be within 4 driving miles of my house as you pass through Morgan County on I20. Feel free to holler on the way out or back. 706 206 0073. Mi casa es su casa. :)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
joereitman said:
:)
You will thoroughly enjoy the new clockwise direction. Just be careful over the high speed double out of the ess turn just before the whoops- its kinda hard to clear, hit it hard on it in 4th and its all good... :) Peace
NOW you warn me! :)

On the 450 it was 2nd or 3rd. The only trouble I had with it was carrying too much speed into the braking bumps in the following turn. I never lost it there, though. I did take a small soil sample in the far right corner where you come out of the right turn and there's a small downhill double, then one at the bottom of the hill, then another at the top of the hill. I came up a little short on the last one, bounced sideways, then hit where they had just watered...bounce, slide, boom!

I'll post a few helmet cam shots in the ride report forum.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Man those pesky 450's- I need to get me one of them. Just one little problem... $$$$. :(

Soil sample- so you got to take some of the track home with ya... :)

Helmet cam is good. It'll be the first hc at Aonia in the new direction I think. Thanks!

I know the exact double you speak of. That one was VERY hard for me clear truly clean on my poor lil ol 250... OK, it was the rider's fault. :) Anyway, I was hitting it hard in 3rd and coming up a lil short too. Got some hard bounces outta that one. Just about missed the corner coupla times, had to lean it over HARD to make it. That is really a challenging double. I will jump it in 4th next time (I went down a tooth on cs, so lots of 4th gear jumps for me these days. :) Sounds kinda kewl- Yeah man I was hard on it in 4th over that big ol triple... :lol:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The first several times I did that third one uphill I caught the top, bounced, and went over the following berm. I eventually started hitting it harder and it was surprisingly easy to make turn if you don't bounce off the top.

Top Bottom