ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I traditionally ride the day after, since the wife likes to Xmas shop that day. I have dinner plans that night, so I can't go to far... but anyone interested in riding Carnegie on the Friday after Thanksgiving? I'll be there about 9am or just after under the first tree to the right of the ranger station.

Any takers?? :p

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, Scott!
I may be able to join you tomorrow.
If I can, I will come around 9am and look for you.
My truck is white GMC Shierra 4 door.

Mini

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I sure wish I could go too, Scott! I've been wanting to get over to Carnegie since it finally started raining, maybe its not so dusty. Let's plan to hook up within the next few weeks!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
RMjeff, it won't be long before you can ride again!!!! Reno is not that far away!!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Scott,
I went to Carnegie today, but I missed you.
I was under the tree you mentioned at 9:10 am, but I didn't see any YZ around.
So I rode 25 miles all by myself.
I did some black diamond trails and long hills. They were fun!
It started getting very busy in the park, so I left 12:30.
I will go back to Carnegie on Sunday with Buddy and the kids

Natalie, would you like to join us on Sunday???

Mini

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by FireLily
Natalie, would you like to join us on Sunday???
Mini

WHY, YES I WOULD!!!! :yeehaw:

I should be home Saturday night, what time are you planning to be there and where would you like to meet??

Scott, want to try for Sunday as well?

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Natalie,
We are thinking to get there 8:30-9 am on Sunday.
I think we are going to park by the mini track where I met you first time, but we will let you know the details tomorrow.
I hope you can make it, so we can have fun together!!

Mini

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
[ , maybe its not so dusty [/B]

I was out there today (Friday) it was real dusty out by the MX track!!

FireLily, when you say mini track are you talking the one just past Skips?? on the right side of the road?? I may be out there this sunday, i drive a 2 tone brown f-350 that is lifted..

PS.. If anybody rides the mx track, be careful on the front table top, saw about 7 bikes land nose first and the rider get thrown off.. I think one kid got taken by ambulance..
Rick

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hi, Rick!
The mini track I am talking about is the one located at the end of the road where only 90cc or smaller bikes can ride. Not the one just past Skips.
And yes, I saw the guy on the ground in the MX track. The rangers were there to help. It was scary.....
The trail was pretty dry, but I didn't see other riders making much dust on the trails. Only those on aggressive quads were making dust.

Tomorrow I will post the location where we are going to park on Sunday, so please come and find us. We are towing a white enclosed trailer by white Shierra 4 door.

fremontguy is probably joining us on Sunday, too! :yeehaw:

Mini

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi FireLily,
Ok i'll keep an eye out for a white enclosed w/a 4 door Sierra.. WOuld be cool too meet some fellow DRN'ers :)
See Ya Sunday..
RIck

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Sounds good, Rick!
Buddy's 14 year old son likes to ride MX, so maybe you could show him MX technique?
See you on Sunday.
Mini

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
HAHA,
He could probably teach me a thing or two!! I like too ride on the MX track, the track just past Skips then maybe go out too the training hill.. The training hil is a good place too learn how too ride WHoops..
See You sunday :)
PS.. I may have a 9yr old on a kx65, he just learning and is getting pretty good :)

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
See you folks there Sunday. I can bring cardboard pine tree pictures and place them near fence boundary 2-track :) It's fun riding there for a few hours.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Dang, Carnegie was my favorite hangout when I lived in Concord. Have they expanded the park like they said they were going to?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
All right! Sounds like more DRN folks for Sunday! See you there! Rickyd I was hoping it would not be too dusty, but then again I only knew dust at Carnegie for the first few months I rode, it should be like old times - lol!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi Natalie,
Yeah it was pretty dusty out by the MX track, the guy that drives the water truck was off work for the holidays so there was no water.. The rest of the park wasn't too bad just by looks.. I didn't go on any trails except out too the "Training Hill"
Can't wait too meet everybody!! :thumb:
Rick

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hi Holeshot,
From what i hear they have not opend the the new part of the park.. I can't beleive all the improvements they have made since when i used too go there (about 9 yrs ago) Plus you can't beat the price..
RIck

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
O.K. Here is our plan...

Time: Sunday 8:30 am
Parking Location: We are going to park somewhere different this time. Turn to the right after going through the ranger station. All the way down to the end of the park. We want to stage some spot nice there. We choose there, because it has easy access to the trails and less traffic for the kids. I hope you can either park near us, or come and find us there!

rickyd, don't worry about MX lesson. I was just told that Buddy's son is NOT going to do any MX, because he is still recovering from his knee injury. As for "Training Hills", I don't know which hills you are talking about, but I hope you can show me.

fremontguy, I know what you mean! I don't get excited about riding in Carnegie, :) but good thing about Carnegie is that I can still have fun from few hours of riding without driving 2-3 hours.

CJ Rider, you wouldn't believe how much fun we have been having with all the DRNers here. I wish you were living somewhere closer to us......
I can't wait to ride in Reno with you my Kawasaki sister! ;)

Mini

Last edited:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Fun Fun FUn!!
I will see you all there, I should/Will be there by 8:30.. DOwn at that end of the park, there is a small bridge, right by the bridge is some trees where you can stage.. I will be more than happy too show everybody the "Training Hill" it's about a 3 minuted ride from the bridge.. Ok, im off too go do some maintenance on my truck then get the bike prepped.. See you there!! :)
RIck

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Mini,
I'm sorry we missed each other. :( We got there a little behind schedule (about 9:40am). I rode till about 3pm. Sure was dry though. Yeah, I saw several people crash on the table top previously mentioned. One guy just got up and walked away leaving his bike there for someone else to blind side. We had to run onto the track and wave people off until the bike was removed...

I know the area you're referring to staging at Sunday. I don't think I can make it, but if I do, I'll definitely go looking for you guys.

Scott

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Ok, everything is ready too go.. I drive a 1990 Ford f-350 that is lifted, i'll be towing a small brown trailer w/1 possibly 2 kx's in it.. See everybody there bright and early :)

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I will see you all there, I should/Will be there by 8:30.. DOwn at that end of the park, there is a small bridge, right by the bridge is some trees where you can stage..

rickyd, I think you are talking about the bridge located half way to the end of the park. But I think that's a good spot, so let's try meeting up there.

So everyone, here is the change of the park location. We are going to stage by left side of the first bridge we see as we drive from park entrance.

I hope everything is understood.....

Scott, come and ride with us on Sunday!!

Mini

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Scott, you just gotta go!!! Rickyd, I drive a black Chevy Pickup and I'll have a kTm in the back. I tried to talk Karna and Justin into coming too, but she mentioned something about steam cleaning the carpet after her Thanksgiving shindig (wild relatives, I guess.....LOL!)

Who else is coming??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom