EuroGas

Apr 18, 2001
Got my brand new EC300 on Saturday, to start the break in process I started the bike in my garage and warmed it up for 5 minutes then I let the motor cool. Repeated this process 3 times.
I then went for a ride keeping the revs low and away from long straights (road riding) - after 8 miles the bloody thing seized :eek: . It left a 100 ft darky up the road, with me and the bike pointing 45 degree's to the direction I was travelling:scream: .
Strangely though, the bike restarted first time. Got the bike home and checked everything over, found score marks on the piston (running on fuel supplied by dealer). Decided to try it again today, only travelled 3 miles when I heard a bang from the rear end :scream: . Brought bike to a halt and found nipple had unscrewed from a spoke which resulted in damage to the brake caliper and a big gouge out of the rim.
Contacting dealer Monday to see what they are going to do.

Still think its a great bike :)

EuroGas

(**** happens)

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
sorry man. Check the bike over when you buy it. Do it to every bike and make sure it's torqued and everything. I didn't trust my dealers gas either. Dump it out and Put some high test in the steed.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Let us know how it turns out. I consider the dealer supplied fuel as a good way to rinse out the tank. Take the time to go over the bike with a fine tooth comb. Grease all the bearings, check tightnesses of everything.

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
I am VERY sorry to hear about your problems.....
It sounds like like there might be a dealer out there who doesn't follow the complete dealer prep--- ...:(

EuroGas

Apr 18, 2001
Sent the engine back to the dealer today, they are saying it isn't a common problem. GasGas uk are prepared to sort it out. Hope to have the motor back within 1 week. Dont know what they are going to do with the wheel, but i will keep you posted.

EuroGas.

Top Bottom