gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
"Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) Secretary Michael DiBerardines recently announced that the agency is seeking nominations for three new appointments to the Pennsylvania Recreational Trails Advisory Board (PARTAB). The board consists of members from nine types of recreational trail uses. The three open positions are for off-highway motorcycling, bicycling and hiking.
'Pennsylvania's vast trail system offers recreational opportunities for a wide variety of interests,' Secretary DiBeradinis said. 'PARTAB plays a critical role in advising DCNR on how to meet the needs of these user groups.'
PARTAB was created in October 1992, in accordance with the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA 21). the board's primary function is to advise DCNR on general trail use throughout Pennsylvania, including the use of federal trails funding.
In addition to the three positions, members represent water trails, ATV riding, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, horseback riding and four-wheel driving trail uses. A tenth member represents the physically challenged users' needs.
Nominations must be submitted to DCNR by Tuesday, Sept. 30. Appointments will be made by Secretary DiBerardinis. Appointees will serve a three-year term.
To obtain a nomination form or for more information on PARTAB ot the nomination process, residents of the state of Pennsylvania may contact DCNR, Bureau of Recreation and Conservation, PA Recreational Trails Program, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8475; phone (717)787-2316; or e-mail Jane Fox at jfox@state.pa.us."

Anyone up for being nominated?

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'll go out on a limb and say you should be nominated. My reasoning is that you at least pay enough attention to know about this much of it :thumb:

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Time is running out and this nomination must be in by September 30th. All of the forms are in the Government and Land Issues forum at www.ecea.org or in the http://www.woodsracer.com land issues. Sorry I can not post attachments in this forum.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ill do it guys! I am an avid Mountain biker, and of corse Dirt bike rider :) . Whats all involved? I dont have to drive to Harrisburg every other day right? Im only about 2 hours away though. Hey, Ill even join AMA and DRN officially :) .

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
http://groups.msn.com/southpennenduroriders/_homepage.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

I have posted the forms on the South Penn site but you will need an MSN membership.

Top Bottom