Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
The Chevy pick up I bought in July has the dealers name on the tail gate. Its one of those thermal cut sticker types (?) that just has the name and town of the dealership. I've been tempted to use a razor blade, but don't think I can remove the sticker without damaging the clear coat. What else can I use to remove this without damaging the clear coat?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
take it back to the dealership and ask them to remove it - I insist the dealership remove their stickers when buying a car !

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher
take it back to the dealership and ask them to remove it - I insist the dealership remove their stickers when buying a car !

Same here - i would never buy a car from a dealer who would not remove his advertising from the vehicle.

Of course - it is easier to ask this BEFORE you buy the vehicle.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Dont go anywhere near the truck with a razor blade.

My truck had some "off road" stickers on the side of the bed. 30 seconds with the heat gun and they were both off. Didnt even leave any residue.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by RMjeff
My truck had some "off road" stickers on the side of the bed. 30 seconds with the heat gun and they were both off. Didnt even leave any residue.

I have also had good luck with the sun and a heat gun for factory and dealer stickers. I don't even keep the dealer license plate frames.

calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
If you don't have a heat gun, just try a hair dryer/blow dryer. Set it on high. It may take a little longer, but I've had good luck with one.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Sawblade
The Chevy pick up I bought in July has the dealers name on the tail gate.

strange way of bragging about a new truck. just come right out and say it,
"i have a new truck and you don't!" :p

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
The ones I hate are the metal or plastic ones dealers rivet to the vehicles. What a good way to promote rust.

Steve

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by mx547

strange way of bragging about a new truck. just come right out and say it,
"i have a new truck and you don't!" :p

New to me, but its a 2001. After 9 years of driving the ranger it was time to move up in size! :)

I'll try the hair dryer this afternoon, didn't think of that. Thanks for the ideas guys!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
you can buy a rubber wheel from the body store and some parts stores. it fits in your drill and is designed to take off stickers. easy smeasy. or just go back to the dealership service dept and ask them to do it. i am sure that the body shop has one of the sticker removal wheels.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I normally pop all the advertising off while at the dealership and hand it to the sales guy. Talk about funny looks!
On my Dodge truck I peeled off the D O D G E letters from the tailgate. I used a hairdryer and got them a little warm, all the lettering took only 10 minutes to remove.

Top Bottom