Jan 27, 2000
Hey Dean F'n Adams. Would you like some ketchup with those words???? :nener:

Signed. Grandpa. :moon:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
:cool: LOL, I figured that might hit a cord with you Terry.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks Rich. I figured you would pick up on that. I like the latest headline from Superbike Planet.

"Never underestimate the power of the old boys network in the motorcycle industry." :yell: :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
People frequently ask me, what do old people do to make their days interesting? Well, for example, just the other day I went downtown and into a shop. I was only there for 5 minutes and when I came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.... I said to him, 'Aw come on man, give an old person a break'. He ignored me and kept writing the ticket. That's when I called him a 'Nazi'. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for worn tires. So then I called him a 'doughnut eating gestapo'. He placed the second ticket on the windshield and started to write a third ticked. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him the more tickets he wrote....Personally I didn't care. I came downtown on the bus and the car he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker on it that said, 'I love Obama'.
Now that I'm old, I try to have a little fun each day. It's important to my health. :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
Huh? What are you guys talking about?

Jeeze, pay attention. :nener: Mike. Just another example of the AMA stepping in poo again. Actually not really the AMA but the AMA Hall of Fame bunch. (HOF). They nominated a guy named Derek 'nobby' Clark to the HOF and then un-nominated him because they said the process was skewed. Then, Dean Adams of Superbike Planet wrote about the 'good old boy's' network at the HOF and started baggin' on some of the old guys that were upset that Nobby was being screwed around. So then some of the old guys, like Kenny Roberts, Dick Mann, Dave Despain and others told the HOF group they want out of the HOF and to send all of their bikes and metals back to them and to take a hike. Many more AMA members like myself sent scathing emails to the AMA to let them know what we think about them. Now, they are backpedaling and trying to stall the decision until it goes away. Ain't gonna happen, it's not going to go away and the AMA continues to look bad to those that used to support them. Mr. Clark built many very fast race bikes for guys like Kenny Roberts to win races on. He most certainly deserves to be in the HOF but now the HOF has lost it's importance and may never get it back.

Disclaimer. This is not a bash against local and district AMA people. The people that run our local and district AMA races are great people doing a wonderful job. It's the BA grads in Pickering that are screwing things up and have been for years. Many of whom have never raced a motorcycle but are now running the show and deciding what racers should be in the HOF. :coocoo: :bang:

Last edited:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
Huh? What are you guys talking about?

Let me translate for you Mike.

89'r thinks AMA Hall of Fame is ran by douches.
Dean Adams of Superbike planet thinks they are OK.
Buggsy Man & Kenny Roberts think like 89'r

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Thanks, FJ! Got the Readers Digest condensed version for Area 51 and Quantitative Easing?

89R....huh?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

I get it..........Elk was writing you a ticket again ......shoulda told him to mow your lawn.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
Thanks, FJ! Got the Readers Digest condensed version for Area 51 and Quantitative Easing?

89R....huh?

Mike. FJ's translation is the short version. You kinda had to be following the story on Superbike Planet to know what I am talking about.

The AMA started out as an organization to help and protect the racers. Back in the day, unscrupulous promotors would hold races on unsafe racetracks and then split with the purse after the races. The riders would not get paid and many were hurt on unsafe racetracks. So, the AMA was formed so they could sanction these races and insure the riders got paid and got to race on safe racetracks. It worked very well for many years but over the years things changed. The AMA back then was all about racing and was run by active and retired racers. Now the AMA is run by BA graduates. It's all about the money and the true vision of the AMA is gone. They seem to be more interested in protecting Harley riders from having to wear helmets than anything else. :coocoo:

The HOF is the same way. Run by a bunch of people that have probably never raced a motorcycle. When Don Emde tried to give them a little input on the Nobby Clark fiasco they really didn't want to hear what he had to say. This is part of the problem. Don has spent his life racing motorcycles. He is a second generation motorcycle racer and both him and his dad won Daytona. It's people like Don that should be calling the shots and making the decisions of who should be in the HOF. But instead, we have these really smart college kids who probably never even rode a motorcycle much less raced one running the show. A true cluster fxxx in action. :| I applaud Kenny, Bugsey, Dave Despain and others for stepping up and doing what they did. Bottom line is, HOF screwed up their own nomination process and now they are trying to get themselves out of it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Thanks for the background, 89R.

Even though I have not been riding much for the last few years, I still contribute to the Blue Ribbon Coalition but only renew my AMA membership when I have to for a race (which has been expired for several years, now).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…