yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
I have the oppertunity to buy a 1996 KDX200. The bike is in really good condition. It has barely been ridden and is still all original. It has been sitting for a while...a pretty long while...in the persons garage. It just needs dusting off and ridden.

What should I expect to pay for this. I have not looked at KDXs recently but if I can get it at a decent price then I would like to have it for old times sake. I had a KDX175 back in 1982 and loved it.

Any Idea of how much it is worth? I would say it is a 9 on a scale of 10 in condition, with a 10 being brand new.

yater

Nov 7, 2003
$1500-$2000 is the going price up till about the 2000 model. I know they're all the same but that's the way it is. I would say $1600-$1700 is right on

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
Thanks for the replies. I think I can handle that. I will let you know what I get it for.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
I bought a 1992 kdx200 a little under a year ago for $1000.00. It was a little rough, new chain, new front & rear sporcket, new front fender, new kick stand(was missing) new clutch & break handels, nedw grips. Hope this helps.

Jim

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
yz250flash I live in Sebring, we are going to have to hook up and go ride one day. I let my brother ride my 05 220 the other day and we are going tomorrow to Sanford to get a 98. Hope its not the same one, even though you said you are looking at a 96. Anyway let me know about rideing. We are also going to the HS in zolfo saturday if you are interested.

Later
ELF

Last edited:

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
I will be at the HS Sat. & Sunday. I won't be racing though. I broke my Collar Bone in three pieces about 8 weeks ago and I am going to give it until New Years until I ride again.

I really need to change my Avatar & Screen Name. The YZs all got stolen back in March from Croom. I have a CRF450 and a CRF250x now. Just looking at the KDX for a spare 2 stroke bike.

Where do you usually ride?

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Thats to bad about the YZ's, I've heard Crooms area is bad for that. I just moved back here after liveing in Charlotte for 7 yrs so I've only been out maybe 3 times but I go to a spot near 98 and Skipper road. I plan on going to the prairie in the next week or two. Also I heard the scrubs in AP are pretty good rideing, we used to party out there back in the day so I might check that out some day. As for the spot off Skipper road its about a 2.4 mile loop that you can ride and not to much sugar sand. What about you, where do you ride? Someone said the LP Sun-n-Lakes is good. Anyway we'll talk at ya later.

ELF

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom