Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Hi all

My first GG arives today. I've done a search and come up with a zillion different ideas on this bike.Thanks to the forums readers I decided to go for the GG 200 instead of the KTM 250( I had to grin at the flame throwing from Katoom riders ) I have just come off many years of KDX, I will post my thoughts after a couple rides.

Besides the LTR jets and PV cover, what other mods are there?

Is the stock pipe OK or should I change it and if so to what?

Can anyone tell me what the standard clicker settings are?

I don't think a manual is coming with the bike, where can I get one, there was one to download, but the site is not working.

Any advice at all is much appreciated. Most riding is trail and harescramble.

Thanks
Mark

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Go to www.gasgasrider.org He has most of the maunuals available for download. Congrats on the new bike...I'm sure your going to love it. I rode a 2002 EC200 this summer several times and it is awesome! Like a KDX on steroids :eek:

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Forget anymore add-ons. The bike is cherry with what you have. Use the extra money you would spend on mods for suspension set-up and/or general maitenance stuff. Make sure you keep the linkage bearings cleaned and greased every so often. Use a good synthetic oil for the pre-mix. I use mobile one mx2t. Use anti-sieze on your triple clamp pinch bolts. Lock-tite your bolt that holds the kick starter on the shaft. Drain your left side PV cover after riding. Check your spokes for tightness before or after every ride (mine always got loose). Now go ride and just GAS IT!

Shawn
'01 XC 250

yz 200 guy

Aug 28, 2000
My 2002 300 didn't handle near as well as it did after I changed fork oil. Stock the WP oil is too thick and the levels are off. Drain it and put in Spectro 85/150 and you will be much happier with the turning characteristics. Most guys are running oil levels around 140mm from the top. The WP fork is easy to take apart, so you might want to check for debris in the valving stack and clean it with parts cleaner.

Also locktight your chainroller bolts to the frame.

Top Bottom