Votes: 62 84.9%
  • Don't Do It!

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First time I've seen a post echo :) That was hard on the eyes!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Okie how about trying to get the companies in the side bar to give a discount like eric does-only the discount should apply to subscribers-thast way it becomes a merry go round-we pay to support but we get discount from eric/jer etc-then they get more business-memebers are more likey to goto jer etc if they get a small discount(maybe 10 to 20 dollers)loyalty only works for a very few people.

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
ok fixed it

I think that if the time comes, you should make the general board for everyone. then if they want any more boards they have to pay.

You should also have some sort of a one time special deal to the poeple who sign up

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
And also like we used to have the karma system-you could have something similar for members to contribute to another member for giving them good info-eventually they may make it to lifetime level if they get enough donations-at present you can only donate a subscriber or liftime level-if you culd have a system where you can accumulate donations (to get to lifetime)it would be nice.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If you are getting hurt by this Okie, then dump the freeloaders! It took me far too long to pay-up myself, I would have sooner if I would have known. I wouldn't care if the membership dropped either, since I only see about maybe 1,000 that actually contribute.

drzgod

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2002
I'm your average big lurker, on this and many other sites. This site has given me a wealth of info and is well worth the subscription price. I understand the economics of running a website, so I'm your newest lifetime member. I still will probably be a lurker, so take it easy on us. I speak only when I feel I can contribute, unfortunately that's not very frequently.

Your price is fair, go for it.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
I agree with most of the others here.  If you're shelling out for us to be here, do what you have to do.  I decided not to upgrade to the LST membership until the decision is made.  Folks are correct, it is too good of a deal.  I'll be happy to continue a yearly subscription in order to ensure that the funds don't run out.  As far as the numbers dropping?  Let's face it, they will, but are we after quality or quantity?  The idea about a "guest membership" is interesting and the concept should be developed further.  Do what you have to do, when the door slams shut then we can all take stock in who our friends are.   :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom