ProjectBoy

Feb 20, 2001
Eh Shifty, next weekend is on. All the arranngements have been made and the camping gear will be ready Thursday night. I'll call up all the penisula regulars and see what we get. You best buy that nitrous attachment for that green machine if you want to stay ahead of me this time. You remember what happened at Clear Creek a month ago and that roost you rode behind both days! Ha ha....
Should be perfect conditions, news repor say that it should rain Wed. & Thursday. See ya there!
STEVE

------------------
Stevo

shifty1408

Jan 5, 2001
This weekend is definitely on! And there will be no nitrous necessary... The bike is now officially broken in, and the site of me going around you will be all to familiar once again. Spoke to Vina and Green they're both busy but Rowell is in. I may be busy out at ABI on friday now, but definitely want to leave Friday though. Keep the May 11-13 open for the Elkins Flat ride. Are you planning on having the trailer ready?
to camp or not to camp that is the question.... To bring the women or not to bring the women, what kind of question is that? I hope you weren't serious!!!

Shifty1

------------------

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I can make it up there next Sun, 4-22. I usually park at staging area at Deer creek out of Twain Harte. Shifty, you mentioned Crandall peak staging area, is that where you ride out of? Could you post directions there etc., or e-mail me. I'll have green Chevy pick up and one of the bikes in my signature.

Les

------------------
'99 XR400R '95 300EXC

shifty1408

Jan 5, 2001
Fremontguy,
We will stage both days out of Deer Creek as most of the best trails are there, at this point we will probably not camp so we will arrive around 9:00am both days. We will probably be at the staging area right off the road coming in. We will look for your truck. We will be in a Black & Silver F-150 maybe with a trailer? Should be 3 of us. Look forward to hookin up...

Dean

------------------

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
You boys should have a good time! It has been raining here (Lodi, Ca) most of the night and day! I'm sure you run into some snow and plenty of mud.....

Sure wish I was going :(

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Well, I won't say conditions were perfect at Deer creek today but I got a chance to practice my snow riding technique(gear up,squeeze tank). Rode west side trails and up to #16, fun being the first 1 through the snow on most trails. The snow is melting so fast there, it should be gone by Weds. So did you guys from south bay ride there today? I didn't see an f-150.

ProjectBoy

Feb 20, 2001
Eh Sorry Freemont Guy!The short version of the story is that when we pulled up there Sat. morning, we almost didnt think we should pull the bikes off the trucks,with 12"-16" of fresh snow on the ground but when the bigger part of our party showed up we ralled up for a big rideat 11:30.I fortunately lost the group after two hours and rode alone for most of the day.I say it was a good thing because thier leader lead them on a 6 hour
ride which included alot of gas transferring
with the 2smokes. When they pulled back into camp at 5:30pm , there were a few hungry,dillusional guys who chomped into there soggy sandwiches. That wreck most of em for riding a second day. I had fun in the
water logged trails. Again,sorry we missed ya!

------------------
Stevo
2000 YZ426-at first i wanted to sell it, but now i can't see how i rode without it!

shifty1408

Jan 5, 2001
Fremontguy,
Sorry about Sunday... Sounds like ProjectBoy gave you a few of the pleasant details of our Saturday ride. What was supposed to be an hour or two loop with 10 riders, turned into a full lap around the Ruby Burn to Crandall Peak battling 2 foot snow drifts on washed out single track trails, 3 empty gas tanks and about 4 guys praying for a chopper airlift 6 hours later! Well, it wasn't quite that bad but pretty close. We considered a return for sunday but most of our egos were pretty battered and thought that a day ride at Carnegie was a better option which never happened anyway. I wished we would have stayed around the lower regions of Deer Creek which only had about 8"-10" of snow. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the day out there and still would like to catch a ride with you out there in the near future. Next ride is probably going to be Elkins Flat though. Hope to see you there!

Shifty1

------------------

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
From the posts of your ride Sat., I guess you folks like long loops. kind of glad you weren't group leader Sun. Shifty :eek: The most trails I can find at Deer creek probably add up to 30 miles.

shifty1408

Jan 5, 2001
The loop we went on was probably only about 40 miles but it was a very Donner Party like 40 miles. Battling all that snow some of the riders started to look awfully tasty late in the day.

Dean

------------------

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
DARN
I like my steaks well done :p
Looks like I missed an epic trail ride :mad:

------------------
District 36 Member
AMA Member
99 GasGas EC200

Top Bottom