White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I do not know if anybody hunts on this forum but would like to know.

I love to hunt. I just got back from scouting my grandmother lands, where we hunt. I rode the fourwheeler and seen 3 deer I know at least one was a good 4 point. I rode my fourwheelers around after that. Then I seen 4 doe's and 1 baby. Then I seen 3 more one was a spike not for sure what other two was.

If we kill it, we eat it. We keep almost ever thing even the fur.

I use a 12 gauge hunting which is my favorite gun or my .22 magium. I do not like high prowerful rifles, I do not know why.

Any hunters out there?.....

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I love hunting of all kinds and Fall is my favorite time of the year. I haven't bowhunted for deer in years now but hope to start up again next season. For now I prefer hiding in a bush and jumping out then wrestling the deer to the ground but my wife says I have to use a rifle (our freezer must be to small for the other method.
Our rule also is if you kill it you eat it and we do all the butchering ourselves as part of the deer camp.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i love to hunt. i cant wait for it. I use my .243 savage. and i just bought a diamond bow. last year i got a nice sized doe.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Come to Texas and "hunt" (I use the word loosly) you feed 'em for months and then when it's season you hide out in a nice cozy blind and wait for the well trained pets to arive at the designated feeding time and take your pick. Yeah it's real sport here :laugh:

Not sure why fishing with dynomite isn't legal here :think:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I do all of my hunting at Kroger.

It's so much better than all that going out in the woods & shooting nonsense. I don't have to field strip anything, it's already cut up nicely and if I want to get a six pack to go with my catch, it's in isle 14... :nener:

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
:rotfl: Indy

I love hunting alot.

I use to bow hunt killed my first big buck bow hunting. Was a 8 point and probaly was 200lbs+. I forgot the score/rack size.

I traded my bow for a 20 gauge pump. I love the gun to death. I will never sell it. It is light so I can walk around with it and not get tried when rabbit/hog hunting.

I go to a hunting club sometimes, but not many people there my age. Only 15...

We just put salt blocks and corn out. Our deer come out right at dark. About the time you give up they come out. We seen 13 today. We seen some more when spot lighting. We seen some good size ones we could of killed if had a shot gun.

To tell you the truth most people around here who do not like to hunt have never killed a deer. I I use to be like hunting is boring and didnt really get into but a couple of years ago. The first deer I seen I knew right then I would come back then I dropped it dead. I was texting on my phone and when I put it down there were 2 does in front of me. I do not do that now though. Was like love at first site. Not the deer hunting. I love going out earlier in the morning or in the late evening. I love the cold and just how it looks. It really is pretty.

Oldguy my brother and me have down that twice. We seen a small spotted deer that had lost it mother and we tried to raise it but it died after about a week. Then we tackled a doe that got stuck in a fence. We ate her though. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just keep in mind... Hunting is a love it or hate it kinda thing. Hopefully, everyone has a thick skin and can deal with the coming posts, either way they go.

Personally, I'm good with shooting paper at the range.. or of course the low-life that breaks into my house.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Just keep in mind... Hunting is a love it or hate it kinda thing. Hopefully, everyone has a thick skin and can deal with the coming posts, either way they go.

Personally, I'm good with shooting paper at the range.. or of course the low-life that breaks into my house.
But neither is very good eating :nener: :whoa:

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I agree that people should not hunt just for a sport... If you kill something you should eat/use as much of it as you can. If you just go out and shoot huge bucks just to mount them that is wrong.

I have mounted a deer just the head and ate the rest. If I kill something I eat.

I know hunting is a hate or liked thing, but alot of people do not like it just because they have never hunted and killed a deer. First time I hunted I hated it, didn't see nothing. The first deer I seen and killed right then I wanted to come back.

I love shooting the range. I always have different bullets in my gud, because who knows what you might see hunting. I have 2 buck shots first then 2 slugs then a bird shot for turkey or coyotes or varmits. I have a .22 always loaded in my gun for protection. My mom suppose to have it ,but she doesn't know how to use it to good. I always been taught if you shoot at somebody shoot to kill. That might be wrong ,but if somebody does break into my house I will. My life or his/hers. Going to be theirs

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
I hunt hogs... There mostly all year around to. They do not hibernate though. There a dangerous games. We have not hog hunted in awhile last time we killed two. I shot one 3 times and he dropped my brother shot his once in the head both about 75lbs. We jumped a pack/group of about 6-8 hogs. They tore up the dogs bad. There almost recoveried though.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
LOVE hunting. Usually go out bow and gun each year. I like to take one big doe, one little doe (mmmm tender) near the end of the season. Early on, and especially during the rut, I hunt the big bucks. Doesn't have to be monster tropy size, just a little bigger than the last one :) I just found out today that I have permission to hunt another large property...sucks getting permission this late in the year...no time to scout much. I'll probably just go out there a couple times a week and work the wind and find a nice tree to climb and see what I see. :)

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
What I do shoot 4-5 points and up for the first of the season then when it gets to the end I usually shot couple of does. A small doe it the best to eat. Older the tougher. This going to be a couple of long weeks. Waiting for it to frost over to kill some mosquites and ticks...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
Not sure why fishing with dynomite isn't legal here :think:
It isn't? :think:

Mar 16, 2007
White_Wolf said:
I hunt hogs... There mostly all year around to. They do not hibernate though. There a dangerous games. We have not hog hunted in awhile last time we killed two. I shot one 3 times and he dropped my brother shot his once in the head both about 75lbs. We jumped a pack/group of about 6-8 hogs. They tore up the dogs bad. There almost recoveried though.

I have always wanted to hunt hogs with my bow and some catch dogs, what kind of dogs do you use for this?

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
My brother has the dogs they are some kind of big hound dogs. They are great dogs I think. They are loud do not attack the pig but they can keep the hog in one place. You need alot of medicine and antibotics for them. Usually after ever hog hunt they get a little hurt. Worst a seen in a hog bit one on the back leg. We put pads on there neck down to there front paws. Which usually does pretty good. Most time they do not get serious injuried.

Whitetail Deer.

Take a gun or somebody with a gun or your trust your life with your aim. My brother had one come after him but shot it in the head with a .22.

We know some people in FL they use just big pits or bulldogs.

Mar 16, 2007
Yeah, there are some big pits used, american bulldogs etc. I have seen something like body armor for the dogs. for the chest and the neck as well so the only thing really exposed is the limbs of the dog. Dogs must be game to do that. Its amazing to see some of the dogs actually lock on and pin hog in place rather than just "bay" them or whatever the word is for it.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
White_Wolf said:
I use a 12 gauge hunting which is my favorite gun or my .22 magium. I do not like high prowerful rifles, I do not know why.

i am surprised that a .22magnum (rimfire) is legal for deer anywhere. better be a good shot and only put it in the brain for a good kill.

you should try one of the .22 to .243 centerfire rifles with hollow point bullets for light kick, much longer range, and more energy (killing power).

Mar 16, 2007
I have recently just been using my bazooka, best part is once the deer is killed its also cooked on impact, all I have to do than is catch the falling peices out of the sky and enjoy a good snack!

:laugh:

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
Tnrider that is all my grandpa use to hunt with and he give it to me. I usually only use if I am in a very small area. I still aim for the lung because a bigger area. When the deer is standing the body is still and the head is usually moving up or down.

Hubert good luck finding the meat...

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
My friend hunts.. My mom doens't want me to get a gun so i cant.. but every year i get deer jerky out of him.. its good stuff.. (except last year he didn't get anything)

White_Wolf

Oct 1, 2007
Ask for a bow. A bow was first thing I had. Deer jerky I love it. I like deer stew better. We eat they like 50% of the time at deer camp.

Top Bottom