jim920ktm

May 14, 2001
I'm considering a Dell'Orto 38mm pumper carb (PHM) for my 2000 KTM 400 SXC with the older LC4 style engine. Until recently, this carb was available through KTM as it was supplied stock on mid to late 90s 400 LC4 models. My only option now is to get one through an aftermarket supply house for Harleys and other big twins, as the Dell'Orto is a popular improvement for them as well. Question is, what was the hot jetting set-up (I'm at 600 feet elevation) for the 38 pumper on 400 LC4s? The big twin retro Dell'Ortos come jetted too rich for a 400 single. I've looked into the Keihin 39mm pumper, but would have to purposely dent my header pipe to provide clearance to fit, and my understanding is the Dell'Orto was awesome when set up correctly.

Bliz

Dec 25, 1999
Do a search and go to Dellorto's home page. They have a lot of info on setup. I've had a Dellorto on my 95 ktm 400 and my current 01 Husky 400. Excellent carb.

trail nazi

Feb 22, 2001
the cv mikuni on your sxc works good when richend up, why not try a husky te 410 dell orto (they are a 36) but the jetting would be close, we sold one 98 400 exc ktm that mistakenly came with a dell orto pumper on it (ktm wanted it back) once you ride a pumper equipped bike, you wont be happy without. i had an sxc and loved it!:scream:

jim920ktm

May 14, 2001
Make mine a pumper.

Hey Trail Nazi, guess what the UPS man brought me last night! My new (but improperly jetted) Dell'Orto 38mm pumper carb. I've located all the right jets except one - the AB265 needle jet. It came with an AB275 which is too rich. Any idea who else stocks jets for the Dell'Orto?

Top Bottom