Speedy Petey

May 2, 2004
Hey.
I have a Delorto carb on my Husky/Cag. WMX 250. Does anyone have any tips or links to tuning/adjustment on this carb?

Also, when I replaced the throttle cable I neglected to notice how the slide went in. This may be a newbie (read: dumb ) question but how does the slide go in? Am I correct in the obvious assumption that the taper at the bottom flows towards the reeds? From the wear pattern on the slide I see more wear on the long side telling me that vacuum is pulling on the slide. Is this so? Long side towards the reeds?

Thanks so much in advance.

Peter

Speedy Petey

May 2, 2004
It's a VSHB 37 DS .
I have a stumble off idle then it'll clean up a bit. I also fouled a new plug pretty quickly. I was going real easy for a while before it fouled though.

I know cars and Holly carbs pretty good. Now I need to re-learn two strokes after a long hiatus from them. Bikes <i>are</i> my first love.

GraemeD

Oct 19, 2002
Speedy Petey said:
It's a VSHB 37 DS .
I have a stumble off idle then it'll clean up a bit. I also fouled a new plug pretty quickly. I was going real easy for a while before it fouled though.

I know cars and Holly carbs pretty good. Now I need to re-learn two strokes after a long hiatus from them. Bikes <i>are</i> my first love.

Try Tom Barth at Green Flag Motorsports (http://www.greenflag.net/index.html) he has written a few articals on tuning the delorto for E-karting news,(www.ekartingnews.com)

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
:bang: I have a CCMC25.
It has (Had) a dellorto on it that never seemed right. I bought the bike new in 1996. I did notice it was a 38mm carb and it should've come with a 39mm. After years of fiddling with the jets, which were hard to come by, I sent the carb in to get it fixxed. It has ended-up in the hands of the dellorto distributor for the continent of North America. Turns out it was not only the wrong size, but was for a 250 two-stroke. Which wouldn't be so alarming, if I weren't running a 600cc Rotax four-stroke!
Anyway, I hope you have better luck than me. I sent mine in Feb. 20th, and I'm still waiting. I would put a Mikuni on it today, but the damn bike was built around that carb!

Speedy Petey

May 2, 2004
Roadrash, that is a drag. :( I hope you work the bugs out of it.

For now I'm good. I did find a huge amount of stringy gunk in the screen.
Thanks to the others for the links. Exactly what I was after. :worship: :)

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
Thanks, Speedy.......
It will all work out. These things happen when your tastes in two-wheelers are a little different from the rest of the pack.
But you already know this, being a Husky pilot!
I love my CCM, it is a piece of history. Only 50 imported into the States in ' 96, which was the 25th year of production.

Top Bottom