farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
JasonWho,

I couldn't find specs on the old tractor, but the new replacement is at about 1300 ft. lbs. of torque. Maybe if I hook two or three KDX's together??... ;)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Ask mototassinari. Check their website for phone/email info.

They are putting out a 'new' version this fall/winter that will have a jig-bored flange. That will resolve the 'holes don't line up' issue on their (currently) hand-drilled units.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I hope there is a great performance difference between the vforce II and III. The difference in cost is about $100. I currently own Vforce II and defintely see a difference in throttle response and overall power from top to bottom over stock and Boyenson power reeds. But for about $325 I will porbably have my KDX re-ported at Eric Gorr shop over buying the Vforce III. SEE ANY throttle response and overall power difference between Vforce II and III?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
That's why the reference to phone/email info.......their website doesn't have much in the way of information.

Give 'em a call and ask about it.

$325 for a reed cage? I wouldn't expect the difference to be worth that much..whatever the difference is.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
$325 for a reed cage? Man I hope that's in Canadian Dollars..

I think I'm liking the RB mod 607 reed combo....
Then the Delta Reed set the next year...

Keep the input comm'n.....

Buc

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
Here's the "gist" of my call to Mototassinari -

- New DF III is currently available for snowmobiles. Dirt bike version is coming in early '04.
- The re-design includes a "snap-together" cage; longer reeds; an inability to "mix-up" reed types/sizes during replacement.
- Snowmobile tests show some increase in H/P over the DF II.
- NO HIGH/LOW SETTING.
- Price will remain the same.

I'm interested in the ability to have a "high/low" setting. I think I'll jump now !

GreenPeace

Dec 6, 2002
Thanks farmerj.
I mailed them a couple of times but no response.
Getting up in the middle of the night to make a phone call to the States.....Did'nt get that far.

I will go for the flexibility of the DF11.

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
I made a follow-up call today and talked with Jeff at Mototassinari.

My question? "Will the DF II give better low end performance than the DF III, given that the DF III will have a 'fixed' tension setting?".

His response? "The DF III mold for the KDX hasn't even been made yet. It probably won't be available until next spring. But since it is a woods bike, the reed petals will be selected with that in mind (lighter?), and the design takes into account low-end need."

I think he said that the new DF III is a four-petal system, and I took his comments to mean that he doesn't think there will be any low-end loss in the new design. But in response to my question, "Should I wait for the DF III?" he said, "The DF II works really well in the KDX. I'd go with it now".

So I thought I'd give those of you who are interested an update. The loss of a "low" tension setting doesn't necessarily mean less low-end performance...necessarily!

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Thanks for the feedback. :thumb:

Buc

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I doubt all dfIIIs will be the same, as not all dfIIs are. For example, the kx dfII has a 3-petal reed, the kdx has a 2-petal reed (both have four reeds).

I'm a bit leery of any prognostication until I find out for myself how a thing works.

Take MTs latest change to the DFII to increase reed life. They changed the tension on both the reed and the reed stop. I'm not absolutely 'fer sure positive, but I'm tending toward liking the original setup better.

This all from a company that says something along the line of, 'Hi tension worked better in every bike we tested.' That's fine for them. I don't like it. The low tension setting is hugely preferable to me for single track woods riding...and that's what I do (mostly).

But then, wer says that 95% of the pros use 5W oil in their dampers.....and I find 15W to be preferable by far.

Gee....maybe it's all me?

Nah...that couldn't be!!

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Well why give you a choice HI or LOW just makes things complicated maybe MT is finally comming to there senses in making a reed cage you can not adjust. BUt think how offen are you changing your reeds from HI to LOW and back again for being simple the MT DF2 are not cool. Sounds like most guys that own a DF2 leave it at one setting and leave it a lone. so looks llike you spend a lot of money on somthing you only half use.

Oh well whatever nevermind, it's simpley just an opinion.............

Top Bottom