IRISHCOFFEE

Aug 3, 2002
how do ya'll recruit new riding buddies for enduro, hs and keep them going for a whole season. gets very frustrating to listen to the 570,000,000 excuses. i understand the occasional problem but the continual blah,blah is hard to take.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Join a club. My local club (AMSA) kicks butt! There are ALWAYS people you can get together with for races or just riding. If your "usual" buddy is out for some reason there are several to take his/her place. Pick a day and a place and we usually have SOMEBODY that will go with ya', it's awesome. :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I second the Club deal. I'm in a club and at just about any enduro I choose our banner is always there. One fella does not race anymore, but still supports his son. He is always there helping out in the pits. Making sure you have water and he has been even known to clean goggles for other guys and help gas up there bikes. He is like a fixture around the circuits and one great guy. :thumb: I'm sure if I would let some of the groups that travel togehter know a head of time I could split costs and have some company for the travel. Its realy pretty cool, but I don't make near as many of the races as I would like.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Yater,

You're in Kerrville, TX?  Isn't that where they build Mooney's?  My family has owned two Mooney's in the past.  Nice little airplanes.  You know what they say?  "You don't fly a Mooney...you wear it!" 

:)

Not quite big enough for a family of five so we had to get something bigger.  Plus, hooking up the motorcycle trailer was a real B*****!

BTW, I believe Patman is in Austin or near there, but don't take riding advice from him.   I'm sure that there are guys in his club who actually ride, but Patman just likes to get on the internet and talk about riding!  :)

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
feels like i have to beg some of my friends to come out riding now, i hate riding alone so it can be a problem when i want to go riding when no one is usually there. anyone ride around niagara falls, st.catharines area? always looking to get more people out there.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
As usual Timr is CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR! :laugh:

I live "in" Spicewood,.... more like that's where my mail goes. Find the Pedernales River and Hwy. 71 and you'll be about 5 minutes away. I get through K-ville every so often on my way to Bandera. My office is in Austin so there ya' have it, Timr did get one tiny bit of info right :laugh:

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Hey I know what ya mean IRISH-dude! Now that I've been in college for awhile, my one MX buddy sold his bike to help make tuition, my other MX buddy loses interest in riding whenever he has a girlfriend. Or my other buddies are too broke, or gotta work, blah blah blah! I gotta start my own MN Yankee MX club.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I ride trials at my place or at Emma Long Park off of 2222. I ride off road a little at my place if I'm just messing around for 30 minutes or so, our club has a 1,000 acre lease in Milano that is the real fun ride though. The club also has relationships with several property owners in the area and we have a monthly family day ride. There are also some new places opening up in the area and then there's also some property owners that will allow it as well on their ranch land if you are their pal or slip them a few bucks.

Top Bottom