Des Nations at Budd's Creek in 07?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DC (RacerX) is reporting that it's pretty much a done deal.

http://racerxill.com/breakingnews/article/956/motocross-des-nations-07-deal-to-be-announced.aspx
April 17, 2006
Motocross des Nations '07 deal to be announced
by DC

Racer X has learned that the deal is pretty much done and Budds Creek Raceway in Potomac, Maryland, will shortly be named as the host site of the 2007 Motocross des Nations. Promoter Jonathan Beasley has long hoped to host the event at the Southern Maryland facility that also hosts a round of the Toyota AMA Motocross Nationals. A deal could be announced as soon as this afternoon.

The MXdN has been held in the U.S only one other time: 1987, at Ward Robinson's Unadilla Valley Sports Center. The race was scheduled to run here again in 2002, at the under-construction-and-never-completed Competition Park in San Jacinto, California, but in one of the most notorious chapters in American motocross history, the event was canceled less than two weeks before the race was to be held in a bizarre chain of events involving the promoters and the Soboba Indians.

The date expected to be announced is the last weekend in September of 2007, two weeks after the last round of the 2007 Toyota AMA Motocross Nationals at Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, California.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
that would have been so cool if it was in san jac... I wonder what the hitch was with the tribe... They let the Malcom Smith ride rip up their land every year?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That's sweet! I'm pretty sure we are going...another excuse to use some of my vacation time too!!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I'm there!!! The USGP was way cool. This will be the ultimate :cool:

Top Bottom