marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I feel this proves that rc is the fastest open class rider in the world-no excuses, however the best team won-i dont want to hear about bubba and KW, as KW wont go on a commercial plane and everyone knows it, bubba isnt allowed to race a big bike as Kawasaki dont trust him to not ride over his head(wise plan IMO).You had the best avaliable to you and thats that.

A good write up on www.mxlarge.com

http://www.mxlarge.com/article.php?article_file=1065377181.php&showtopic=TOPSTORY

sounds like RC and Everts had a fun time in the semi.Seems like everts got pump up-he does this when under extreme pressure.Shame but thats maybe why Rc is so good??-handles pressure very well.

we came 5th-a very respectable result:)

Last edited:

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
This performance from RC should silence forever those that think Everts has a chance against the best this Country has to offer.  This write up says it all:

It was Smets´ prestige to lead the 33-strong field and 12 nations into the first corner of the grand finale. He was immediately passed by his teammate Everts, who opened up a decent lead within one lap. Carmichael meanwhile started just inside the top ten and had to work his way around a few top Grand Prix contenders and Smets before setting his sights for the leader. Once there it took him another five laps to reel in, pass and walk away from seven-time World Champ Everts.

Carmichael´s outstanding class on the super-rough and super-tricky Zolder track became most obvious just after passing Everts, when he recored a lap time four seconds quicker than Everts´.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
lets not forget this part for a balanced view

Earlier at noon the first semi-final had started with more than a glimpse of the highly anticipated Carmichael vs. Everts duel. Once race leader Smets paved the way with a minor fall in lap two, Carmichael and Everts took command. For the next 15 minutes the two Motocross titans had the crowd on their feet with exceptional racing, plenty of passes and incredible maneuvers.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Everts also beat him in qualifying. However, when it counted the World got to see how much better RC is. Everts has never had the speed to match up with the best from the US, it has been proven everytime he goes against our best. How many times has Everts been spanked when he comes over here to race? Every time they blame it on home field advantage, what will their excuse be now? RC was way back, passes him and clocks a lap 4 seconds faster, that says it all.

Everts may be the 4th or 5th best rider in the World, but thats it. Behind RC, Kdub, Bubba, and Reed. We should never again see a post comparing Everts to our best, he had home field, home track, and home Country and still was no match. Comparison is now over.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I adree RC beat him well, but bubba doesnt really count as he only has done the little titles as yet.As for Kdub and reed, couldnt disagree more-RC spanks them better than he did Everts IMO.What has KW ever won??Or reed??? reed one 125 title?? doesnt count for much in the big scheme???and i am a reed fan.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I agree with Marcus.  Everts has more major wins than almost anyone in history.  K-Dub's and Reed's careers do not compare to Everts.  For Everts, 2nd to RC (the greatest ever) is no shame.  

As for Bubba, if he wanted to show he was faster than Everts & RC, he should have ridden the MXdN. 

92cr

May 18, 2002
I'm once again impressed with RC's skill's.Never has a rider been so dominant outdoors.I can understand how some might not like his attitude in saying he's the fastest but I mean coming from a guy who's 5'4"or whatever and the way he rides a bike against guys who have physiques that should give them an advantage is incredible.I didn't really care whether USA won[i'm canadian,eh!] but I'm sure glad RC showed who's Boss.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Some have a short memory. do a search on the 1999 USGP held at Budds Creek. I'll give you a hint, Kdub spanked them bad and sent em back to Europe. The excuse then as I previously posted was home track advantage.

A simple check of the Outdoors this year and times make it obvious that Everts would have had to fight to finish 3rd this year. So much for World Champion. As for Bubba, it's a good thing he didn't go. He would have made Everts look like an amateur.

Everts has had chances to come here and show his stuff. He wisely decided against it, better to be the star and over there than to come here and get shown up. He's a good rider, but to be called a World Champ is a joke when you can't beat the fastest in the World.

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Here is an old article on the 1999 USGP.  Everts always thought highly of himself, yet never came to the USA to back it up.  Had lots of chances and always cowarded out when it came to the nitty gritty.  He wasn't capable of beating our best then and he is less capable now.  He would be lucky to place in the top 4 at our Nationals, 5 if Bubba ran in the 250 class.  He has always thought he was better than he really is.  Best in Europe does not mean best in the World.  After that loss in 1999 the excuse was "home track advantage",  what's the excuse this time?         Everts,  World's fastest,  yea right.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/usmxgprace.html

Stefan Everts (Radson - Honda) came to America this week calling the U.S. riders "cowards" and predicting that he would prove that he was the fastest rider in the world. After the first moto, it looked like Everts might back up his boast.

In moto number one, Everts got the hole shot and never looked back, but Kevin Windham (Team Honda U.S.A.) started fifth and worked his way up to third, just five seconds behind Everts at the end of the moto, while posting faster lap times than Everts. American Ryan Hughes (PAMO - Honda) finished second in moto number one.

In the second moto, Windham got a slightly better start than Everts (Windham was in second after the first lap, behind David Vuillemin, while Everts was in fourth). Although Everts ultimately finished in third, Windham easily pulled away from him, and Everts was even passed during the moto by American Series champion, Greg Albertyn (Suzuki), who finished second in the race.

At the end of the day, American based riders (counting Ryan Hughes, an American racing in the GP circuit) took four of the first five places overall, with Windham first, Everts second, and Hughes third. Former World champions racing in the United States, Greg Albertyn and Sébastien Tortelli (Honda) finished fourth and fifth overall, respectively.

Frédérick Bolley (Honda) won the championship over Pit Beirer (Kawasaki), with Vuillemin (Yamaha) just edging out Hughes for third.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Karterron:

can you honestly keep a straight face when you type this witless crap? its getting real boring. you were running your mouth off about how the US would school everyone and they came second to an excellent TEAM effort by the Belgians. excuses like US B team, FIM gas specs or home advatage are just plain sad- imagine the teams France and the Auzzies could have had too. you are a sore looser, no one doubts RC is the best in the world (its gonna be funny to hear all of the RC haters crawl out of the woodwork, btw), but your bagging on Everts is a joke, seven WORLD championships and the record GP wins dont just fall out of the sky, so give the guy some respect and get a life while you are at it. RC beat Everts by about 10 seconds, for the last 3 years nearly every top 5 AMA rider has been lucky if they finished within 30-60 secs at either SX or MX. When Reed Bubba or KW come out and win a 250 MX championship then your comments may have some credability, but until then, quit crying you whiner.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
All of you thumb suckers who think it's great that Bubba and Kdub have some realy great excuses not to race the MXdN's can kiss off!!! We got our ass kicked, suck it up. Lets just be thankfull that the Aussis and France didn't send their best teams. Belgium #1 The funny thing is if the Village Idoit falls anywhere near RC the fans will still booo and the tards will come out of the woodwork to slam him on this and other boards.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Bruce I agree with your post entirely except for the FIM gas specs part. My feeling is that if the race is a run what you brung format allowing all these big bores and one off factory works bikes then the US boys and any fellas that run mainly in the US should be able to run their race fuel and the bikes they have been running all season. That being said I don't feel that it played a role in the outcome of this event, Belgium simply had the better team and better luck on this particular day.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by marcusgunby
chilli non race fuel didnt seem to hinder RC;)

Marcus I agree, that's why I added the disclaimer that it didn't play a role in the outcome. But I still feel it could be a hinderance for some who ride the American series and have alter the bike setup from what they have run all year. It's probably a relatively minor issue to these guys with all the factory mechanics and they probably can get engine specs from the teams running the same bikes already under FIM specs. I just thought if someone can run their 650cc Husaberg or a 520 big bore Honda that it shouldn't be a huge issue what the Americans dump in the tank of their 250 :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
agreed but in horse racing they have a handicap system-thats what we need for the redhead-the fuel tampering isnt enough:)maybe he should run with no clutch or maybe brakes;) really hope next year all the big names are there-tort, MP,reed, langston etc etc.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
All this discussion re RC and Everts is to be expected, but don't forget their relative ages, and the fact that RC is probably at his absolute prime just now, whereas Everts ( hope he doesn't read this ) may not be be, and is also old enough and wise enough to realise that he is in a TEAM event and that his team-mate is running one place behind. Lets not forget that one moto also can only decide who was fastest on that track on that day. Next year perhaps James Stewart will take part, and then we shall see.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Maybe the ruling bodies should just rename the World championship to the European Championship. Then all the posts about how the current "World champion" is not really the best in the world would stop. We would clearly have the best European champion and the best US champion. Neither claimed as the "world champion". Then who's the fastest of the two would be proven at the MXoN, as it was.

RC - fastest man on the day
Belgium - fastest team of the day

You don't hear me saying "what if", "if only" Reed, and Byrne had ridden for Australia. They didn't. Maybe next year they will. Either way, I would only have expected a 3rd or 4th anyway.

Until next year.

flyinfinn

Nov 15, 2001
one weird thing for us fans at the race was that no one was booing for us boys. everyone was cheering and going nuts just because they had a great race to witness. us mx/sx fans should take notes.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Well, I'm not really into who is truly best and so on, we all have our personal heros, anyone competing in the MX of the Nations deserves respect. To me the European MXGP & MXDN are Holy events taking place on hallowed ground where giants have strode, rode and established this great sport, times have changed and the sport has greatly changed, mostly for the good. Cheers to the past and present champions. This link is outa date but is still pretty cool:

http://users.stargate.net/~husky/champ.htm

Hope it links. Ya wanna really have fun? race Vintage as well as modern!!!

Top Bottom