cudatd

Apr 20, 2005
I have a 2005 kdx220. iam planning on picking up a pipe for the bike this week, but i really don't know what to get. i ride mainly trails with open straight aways here and there. i all ready have the fmf powercore 2 to go on it. whats the differences between the desert and woods pipe? can someone tell me how they liked these 2 pipes.

Jan 3, 2007
I would say go for the desert pipe because the woods pipe dose not add that much bottom end and flatens out the top. where as the desert pipe adds lots of mid to top while maintaining the bottom end power.

jschiller

Mar 5, 2007
Desert pipe for me! have ridden kdx's with both and the Desert pipe is by far the best, concur with above statement too.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I have the Desert pipe and wish that I'd have bought the Woods. I ride tight tight woods and want more bottom over top. But the Desert pipe was a definite improvement over stock. The Desert is a better "all around" pipe as well.

krazyinski

Feb 2, 2006
cudatd said:
I have a 2005 kdx220. iam planning on picking up a pipe for the bike this week, but i really don't know what to get. i ride mainly trails with open straight aways here and there. i all ready have the fmf powercore 2 to go on it. whats the differences between the desert and woods pipe? can someone tell me how they liked these 2 pipes.
Desert pipe hands down the pipe for the 220,I have run both and the desert works much smoother all around with no loss of bottom end and gains mid to topend for the 220.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
Where and how you ride makes a difference. I too have had both on. The desert really
wakes the 220 up and is great all around. It doesn't take from the bottom but it certainly doesn't add to it either. Like Kmccune, I prefer the woods pipe because I ride in tight woods which are usually wet and always hilly. The woods pipe adds torque which allows me to avoid wheel spin because I can usually ride a gear taller with it than with the desert, if you short shift it when the trails open up, its all good

Top Bottom