Ski Bum

Jun 14, 2006
I hate it that my first post is this lame... but where should I post to find out information from desert racers. Looking for anyone who has done the Las Vegas 300 or Vegas to Reno race. I have a cr125... is it sane to think this bike would be the tool for this type of race? What mods would you suggest. I have MX'd this bike for several years but moved where there is no local track and have been think that this type of raceing would be fun.

Last edited:

Ski Bum

Jun 14, 2006
Thanks, lot of info there. I'll try and figure it out. I am in Northern New Mexico and am trying to find races in Nevada or AZ. Looks like the calanders on Dist 37 will have that info. Thanks again.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Althought D37 is So Ca., you'll find a lot of info for races outside the district, Utah, Nevada, Az. New Mex and also Baja

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico

Ski Bum

Jun 14, 2006
LoriKTM thanks for the post!!! If I can get the nerve up and my gearing (SpeedyManiac :nod: ) maybe I'll see you in the desert. Thanks again :cool:

mlz

Mar 28, 2003
weberacing.com - New Mexico, Colorado and Utah series

Whiplashracing.com - Arizona

amraracing.com - Arizona

All top notch organizations

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
LoriKTM said:
You don't even need to leave the state...

http://www.nmdrc.com/

Can't give you much more information about the races, as we just moved to the state and haven't checked them out yet!

Oh, found this for NM motocross tracks...

http://www.motocrosstracks.com/trackdb/browse.php?stateselected=nm

There is also a lot of BLM land available for trail riding on. Best to hook up with a couple of locals to show you the areas.

That about sums it up. Local MX is mostly around Albuquerque, but there is a tack in Aztec, NM. The guys at Fun Center in Durango can give you more info on that.

Not to sure if a 125 is the best weapon for a desert race, but it can and does happen. NMDRC has a class for under 200cc. Novice, Amature, and Expert as far as I know. Hit one of the races and do the pre-ride. It's usualy on saturday before the race. They let you do a loop or two so you can decide if you wanna race it or not. It's a good time in itself. Then, if you think it's doable...go for it!

And Lori....I didn't know you had moved to New Mexico...where are you guys? Matt

Top Bottom