Itsgumbytho

May 18, 2018
Sup everyone not only new here but new to motorcycle forums. An o.g. car forum guy however. In desperate need of help and resources with my 01 rm 250 (k1/37f00) ignition system.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sup everyone not only new here but new to motorcycle forums. An o.g. car forum guy however. In desperate need of help and resources with my 01 rm 250 (k1/37f00) ignition system.
What's the issue? And Welcome :)

Itsgumbytho

May 18, 2018
What's the issue? And Welcome :)
Thanks for the welcome and response. I bet someone can guess it haha. Quick back story. Bought a good looking and riding 2001 rm 250 not knowing the running part was gonna be an issue. Like every other k1 owner it took me months to get it running halfway decent on the jetting but this current issue may have played a roll. My second ride out i babied it for an hour. Shut it off for 15 min. Hasn't ran since. Zero spark. Pushed it a few miles home in the dark. First thing i did was unhook the kill switch. No luck. Next day and following few weeks to date I've ran every test you cam dam near run. Mixed results. Started with a new br8eg plug gapped to spec. Checked the cap, wire, coil, and just replaced with those basic orange ebay ones and it tests fine. No luck. Then a caltric stator but maybe went wrong there as mine is a 4 pole 10 wire two plug with reg/rec and ordered all i could find 6 pole 6 wire one plug and attempted to do the floating ground for the first time (this is all new and learning as I go). Still nothing. Checked the harness and to be safe ordered another. I'm not happy with having to order and make do with ebay items but is what it is. As of now every component is off the bike and on my lap. Im no longer running the tps or powerjet and they are remived from carb and wires are depinned from cdi plug. Its been 2 months working on this bike and has caused a mental breakdown and many other issues but i cant help but see it through considering I've spent every day since with it. IN NEED OF A 01 RM 250 K1 REPAIR MANUAL OR THE WIRING DIAGRAM TO IT ANYONE PLEASE.

Itsgumbytho

May 18, 2018
Anyone..someone..anyone's two cents on the problem helps! If someone has the wiring diagram for this particular bike only or can give me a quick breakdown on what each color of wires do what and how I can convert the new stator to match the old one

Itsgumbytho

May 18, 2018
I haven't done a recent voltage test as I've been out of work and low on funds for parts while preparing to move cities. I did do one with everything original except a new coil and I believe it all came back okay besides no reading from what I think would be the exciter??

Top Bottom