dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I just finished talking to the owner of devils ridge. The track is available for rent June 23rd or 30th. 300 dollars for the whole day, covers up to 10 people. any more people ~ 25 bucks a person. If we get 10 people to come, thats 30 bucks a person. I know 5 people that are intrested in coming (outside of drn). So I wanted to see if anyone else wanted to go. Mike T , 96, JamesP... Anyone in the area is welcoime to come.

If anyone is still intrested, we can see about getting Ike the riding instructor to come out... I think we should just scrap that idea and just go have fun!!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
At this point....I can't say I am eager to spend $$ on instruction. Even though it would probably be money well spent, I am more inclined to waste it on gear and parts and stuff.

$30 is a bit much BUT I think I could swing it if the rest of the crowd were going....especially if MikeT wanted to ride along and split travel costs (looks like I'd go by his neck of the woods to get there).

So you need 4 more to make 10? How long is the whole day - 10-6? 12-dark? Just curious.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I'm not to sure what the whole day means. I would guess something like 10 to 6.

30 bucks is only 5 bucks more than how much it costs to race.

I'll bring the food!

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
You're going to get a Dell has gone way overboard this time
I'll bring the food!
Hey, I like to eat! In addition, I think Scott does too! ;) Seriously, If James brings guests, Gomer, and Ivan bring guests, I will as well, I know Mike can round up a few, 20 of us makes it around $15, and even if there are 20 on the track at one time, that is not crowded at all. Plus, that track is VERY wide, makes for great racing! Even if it ten of us, $30 is fine with me for a 10 - 6 day. Lil 96 might just start to get tired after 8 hours. :silly: I'm not interested in the instruction either.
Lets get some commitment from others based on 10 of us riding so we can book a day.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Alrighty then!

I have 5 guests (including myself) that are coming.

Ok, so if we have James, mike, lil and big 96... then we are one short of the 10 people... we can easily do this!! You have to have a 150$ deposit in before they will reserve the day.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
20 of us makes it around $15
According to what Dell posted first, it would be $30 each for the first 10 and then $25 each after that.

Personally, I'm not that crazy about that track. I can only remember 2 jumps out there that I liked; the long tabletop and the one in the far right corner.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
yeah, its a fact that that track does not have many good jumps. ('cept for that 90 footer!)

Has anyone been to Eastern Carolina MX in kenly? They are available for 200 bucks that covers up to 25 people.

kylestyle1

May 3, 2002
I didnt really get the t-shirt thing, but it is a difficult track.

Something about the "New HUGE tunnel jump!" made me think that.

Anyone been to jacksonville mx? Its either there or DR or kenly. I think that jacksonville is also pretty tough, but I havent been (only seen pics).

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by 96whyzee125

Hey, I like to eat! In addition, I think Scott does too! ;)
Oh, I see it coming. James is now forever Scott! Dave has nicknamed you. Where he got Scott I'll never know....

Anyway. When you guys get this a little more firmmed up I'll chime in a definate or not. I would probably go with James as it is a long drive. I don't think Gomer will go. He only rides on Manly man tracks. The type with do it or die stuff. I am basically a wimp and I like the smaller to medium jumps.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Ya, I've got a new name for HLG too, Maybe "Dark Lord Gomer" or Dr. Evil Lord Gomer" :silly: ..ok, now that was dumb. How bout ... Scott, I'll just call everyone Scott. ;)
HLG, not sure when the last time you visited the ridge, but Jumps are fairly massive, out of turn 4; big plateau, up the back straight two progressive WFO uphill plateau's, downhill tabletop WFO, like that one too Dell!, and then the finish line plateau. Ok, not Snake River, Evil Kenevil jump, or 21 school busses, but I'll ask it we can put down some hot coals or something like that!
:confused: Maybe a bed of nails, or, we could find someone named Scott to lay on the track and we could all take turns jumping over him. :silly:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by 96whyzee125
or, we could find someone named Scott to lay on the track and we could all take turns jumping over him. :silly:

Scott don't play that!!!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Okay, I think devils ridge is our spot. I'm sorry you guys from charlotte have to drive so long to get there though!

The jumps are pretty big at devils ridge, but you wont get hurt if you come up short, they arent really too dangerous. But I'd hate to see what happens when somebody overjumps that tabletop!

Its a really wide track too, with a watering system, and I cant Imagine better dirt! I wish they had some more obstacles though.. A small rythym section or double would be nice.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by CR-For-Ever
I thought yous all liked thunder vally, why not just get it again?

I will ride ANY Saturday at Thunder Valley (except for next weekend June 1). Just tell me when and I'll see you there.

Either date is fine with me. I'm in for $30 so if everybody else can commit, lets get it set up. The ride from Charlotte won't be so bad and I'll help Mike negotiate with the boss if necessary :whiner:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Do we actually need to rent the track, or can we just do a Saturday practice day there?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Uh Oh. Guys I thought the 23 and 30th were on Saturday. I looked at my calendar wrong. I'm out for those days. I need a Saturday to go.

Mike

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by dell30rb
Devils ridge Is PACKED on practice days.

How crowded was TV when you guys went there?
Not very at all. Ask Dave. My estimates are there were only about 10 or 12 other bikes there. Plenty of room. I'm sure all would agree on that.

Top Bottom