dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Sunday June 23

Well, I just got back... It was a ton of fun!! The track was an intresting powder sort of thing. It was just powder. I dont think there are any words that explain that better. It was SOOOO dusty. I pulled my airfilter and cleaned it after about 2 hours. It was the dirtiest it has ever been. Luckily, gomer brought some filter oil.

Dave was nice enough to let me ride his yz125, and I loved it. I was still a little bit hesitant in corners ( Not used to the tall seat height) I think I was almost faster on that than on my 80. The big tires just plowed thorugh the powder ruts, but the 80 just got stuck in them. Dave kept trying to get me to "sky it out" on some of the jumps, but his suspension was way stiff for me and the bike wanted to kick out on every jump, except for one that was really steep and hard-packed. (It sort of floated you up in the air) Gomer offered to let me ride his 250, but I declined, because I would have killed myself.

Anyway, Thanks to all who came. I really enjoyed it and, since I am now broke, hope someone else will set it up next time!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It was great to meet everyone, especially Dave (both of them) and his wife, Lola.

It was dusty, but at least the wind moved it out of the way fairly quickly. You couldn't follow anyone, but we had fun riding beside each other at times.

It turned out to be farther than I thought... 200 (3 hours) up and 150 miles (2.5 hours) back using a different route.

Dell was a lot taller than he looks on DRN. His father was a neat guy, too. Turns out that he used to fly sail planes down where I live.

Darvearm has a really nice Suzuki! (I only say that because it looks like a Honda ;) )

I think I talked a few of the Raleigh crowd into coming down to TNT next weekend!

Dell, thanks again! (Are you coming next weekend?)

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
I really doubt I will be able to come to TNT. I really wish I could... but again, I cant drive and I have no way of getting there.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
... and his wife, Lola.
You keep me in stitches!

Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I think I talked a few of the Raleigh crowd into coming down to TNT next weekend!
bscottr, "talked me into coming to TNT?" Gomer set me up big time, First he takes my friend Gene off to the woods... :think: then, after Gene fries his 250, Gomer gives him his case splitter, flywheel puller, digital Dyno machine, the Gomer Shower, his trailer, one of the bikes I believe, and tells him to get everything back to ME by next weekend so I can bring it down to TNT, what the ... Hey, Gomer, good job! Gene, only lives an hour and a half from me, in the opposite direction of TNT and everything else I do in my life. He did Email me this morning and is going to send the top to Eric, wonder if I get a referral $?
Anyway, good to see, and meet everyone, again, and for the first time :silly:
Dell, If you want a ride to TNT, you got it! Now you don't have an excuse! I should have done the Gomer trick and given you an 11mm wrench, then you would have to return it to me :confused: :)

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Actually, I do have an excuse. My parents are making me go to the vacation house in Virgina with them. I really dont like going there, mainly because there is nowhere to ride.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Did any of you guys see that really big dust devil? I came flying down the straight right after the 2nd jump of the 2 jumps in succesion, and slammed on the brakes when I saw that thing. I came to a halt and killed my motor. That thing was so cool. I was about 10 feet away from it, and I could hear it making a ripping/sucking sound. And then as it drifted into the berm before the tabletop, It just sortof went away.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You keep me in stitches!
I wasn't sure if either of you recognized the song that I started to sing, "...but that was 30 years ago when there used to be a show, but not for Lola. Still in the dress she used to where, faded ribbons in her hair..."

I figured I better not say the "30 years ago" part very clearly since I can't run too fast with boots on.
after Gene fries his 250, Gomer gives him his case splitter, flywheel puller, digital Dyno machine, the Gomer Shower, his trailer, one of the bikes
I really enjoyed riding with Gene out there. He only got one of the bikes...who did I give the other one to?
From dell30rb:
Did any of you guys see that really big dust devil?
I saw several of them, but it was always shortly after that guy on the 450 blew past me. :eek:

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
haha.. He was a very good rider !

One of my conversations with gomer:

G: I dont know why everyone expected me to bring a dress..
D: Well ya see gomer... Its not everyday that you see pictures of a guy wearing a pink too-too riding a dirtbike.
G: I only did it because my legs look so good!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
oh and one more thing... Gomer and I think Gene Were riding behind lil 96, and I was about 30 feet in front of him. There is a section there where there is one jump after a turn, it puts you on a plateau, then you acceleerate for 100 feet or so and hit another jump. That 2nd jump is perfectly hard packed and at a perfect angle and ramp length, its like a tabletop, but without the landing ramp. Anyway, i had just completed the 1st jump and was in the middle of the track accelerating to the second jump when gomer and that other guy came up on either side of me. All three of us were together ( their front wheels were about 3 feet in front of mine) and we were spaced about 2 feet apart. We hit the jump and soared. There is nothing like looking at a fellow pilot while in the air. They both ( at the same time) looked back at me while we were in the air , and I felt like taking a hand off and waving to them, but I didnt because I probably would have crashed.

By the way, dave... What happened to gene's motor? Did it overheat?

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by The "Party Planner"
By the way, dave... What happened to gene's motor? Did it overheat? ........

Do you still have that no-toil oil you accdientally ordered from bob's?
I want to try out a can. I'll pay you exactly what you paid for it............

I'll kill two birds with more than a dozen rocks :silly: , I don't know! and,... you can have [it] for the same price I gave Mike the other can! :think:

One of my conversations with gomer........
Me, "Hey, you must be Gomer?!, How was the drive up"
Go, "Would you like fries with that?"
Me, "What, I'm not sure I understand"
Go, "I can use the pottie all by myself"
Me, "Ah, ...OK, glad you could make it"
Go, "Hey, come back, I'll be nice....."

J/k, Gomer is very cool, and he is a blast to ride with. When someone with his talent holds himself back just to enjoy the ride beside you, you know he's a GOOD guy! Thanks for making the trip up! :)

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Eh... dave there were 3 birds to kill here. So what did happen to gene's motor?

Gomer, That was not my brother that rode your bike, but my friend kyle. And well... our digital camera (fujifilm finepix) recently had the extending lens fall off. (Anyone know of a good place that fixes these things?

He did get a few pictures with his film camera. If they are any good, I'll upload them.

By the way.. I forgot to ask you guys.. Are we gonna form our own local chapter? We could sure use that extra space in the DRN photo gallery for pictures of our get-togethers.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
It's nice to know that your presence goes so unnoticed as to be lumped into a group of 3 or 4 faceless "Scotts".

I had to get back to Charlotte right after riding so I could pick up a co-worker and drive right back to Fayetteville. Talk about a long day!! That is why ithas taken me so long to get on here and say THANKS....I had a great time!! Dell and his family are EXCELLENT people and appreciate them organizing and hosting the event!!!

I agree with Gomer that the ride was a bit farther than expected especially when you take the detour and actually visit the residence of the guy who owns the track.

I'm thinking we need to somehow get a regular tour group going as it is nice to know the guy who is blinding you with a dust storm rather than being roosted by some stranger. I have never seen my air filter as clogged as I did after that ride. Good thing is, the dirty filter choked my bike down to the point that I could actually give it a lot of throttle and not get thrown off of the back...I might be on to something.

Looking forward to seeing you guys at TNT!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
To misquote JamesP, er, I mean, Scott
It's nice to know that your presence goes so unnoticed as to be lumped into a group of 3 or 4 faceless "Scotts".
You guys aren't faceless! That's why when we lump you together we try to make y'all face in...that way y'all look better...trust me!
I had to get back to Charlotte right after riding so I could pick up a cow-orker and drive
TMI! TMI!!
I might be on something.
Several people made that comment about you on Sunday!
Looking forward to see you guys at TNT!!
I'll be looking backward to see you guys at TNT! :scream: :moon:

BTW, I've decided to call you Slim Shady from now on, K?

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Overly misprinted by "MEP"
Eh... dave there were 3 birds to kill here.
Sorry, I was loaded for bear.

Where was the third bird?

1.) Do you still have that no-toil oil you accdientally ordered from bob's?
a.) Yes, you, Master Event planner, (from now on known as 'MEP') can have it!

2.) By the way, dave... What happened to gene's motor? Did it overheat?
a.) I still don't know. And here is the funny thing, not sure when of if or even how I am going to see him this week to get back the HLG estate. :ugg:

Is q. #3 ... Did you eat the last hamburger patty? Yea, that was me. Busted! :)

"Slim Shady" :silly: it beats Scott!

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Oh, dont worry about eating too much... I've been eating hot-dogs everyday since then and still have 42 dawgs to go.

Oh.. and by the way, do you need a piston pin puller to pull out the piston pin? Or can you do it some other way.

If anyone wants to meet me, I'll be at archers lodge thursday.

Top Bottom