Dg Pipe

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
HI GUYS I'M NEW! Picked up a 1990 kdx 200 thats been taken very good care by a older guy that bought it new. I found a good deal on a DG pipe and was curios as to what you thought of their product? thanks.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
I do not know personally, I have heard there is a reason for DG pipes being SO inexpensive. THEY ARE NO GOOD. Go with a Pro Circuit and you wont be disappointed.

Obie #8

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
I believe DG now only makes pipes for older enduros. These are designed as "torque" or "woods" pipes. Twenty years ago DG was the most popular aftermarket pipe maker but now has lost out to FMF and Pro Circuit. Calling their stuff NO GOOD is probably not fair.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Sounds a little strong to me too; Since FMF any makes just one style of pipe for '89 to '94 and its a fatty mx-type, there is less choice for a prev-gen KDX pursuing a pipe made for low-end.

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
OK so maybe NOT GOOD isnt fair but find me someone who will choose a DG over a PC or FMF. They just do not perform as the PC or FMF. Here is a link to a brand new PC for a 1990 KDX 200. cost is 198 and change
http://shop.procircuit.com/s/shop/item.asp_Q_hardparts_E_1_A_id_E_334371
check it out. If is the expense you are worried about check out the 89 to 94 kdx pipe mods on just KDX. They say it makes it a ROCKETSHIP and best of all IT'S FREE. Here is a link http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/pipe.html

Obie #8 ;)

Last edited:

brock29

Jan 15, 2000
what is with the pc band wagon i had one and it was junk! go with the fmf way stronger and better

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Owenlo, I have a 85' kdx 200 and DG is the only one that makes pipes anymore for it. They were a popular and decent pipe to buy. MY 85' however has a PSI pipe on it and i havent put a dent in it yet. Thank God cause like i said, i would have to switch to DG if i did. And Procircut isnt that bad dude,, com on,,JUNK???? No way!!!!!!

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
NOBODY ever said they were JUNK! I just meant there are better choices! and we are talking about a '90' model KDX not an "85" and PC pipes are still available for "90" models, and if the money is the prob I also said he could go with the FREE pipe mods on "Just KDX". If it were me I would go for the freebie and put my money into something else that surely a "90" model might need. As with everything else on DIRT RIDER.NET that is my opinion.

Obie #8 ;)

Last edited:

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Sorry Owenlo, I forgot to put in broc's name after you. I understand what your sayin about being able to get a PC for the 90s. I was just explaining my situation. Sorry Bro!!! Ride On!!!!

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Doing the free stock pipe mod, and putting the cash toward a delta-valve 2 might be the best value (assuming the suspension is assessed)
Squirley, If your bike is indeed stock, beware the forks will have .31 Kg/cm springs( soft enough to get in trouble).

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Thanks for all the good info .I bought this bike because it is in incredible shape It does have Boysen reeds I did the airbox frisbee It has new sprokets 13/50 and O ring chain .I'm getting suspension set up for my weight . Jetting if not right is very close. Guy before me was short and light and older so the pipe is crushed pretty good on the bottom. Otherwise very happy with bike thus far. John

KDX-Jack

Oct 21, 2001
I have a 93 with a FMF pipe and a 94 with a DG Pipe.

( IMHO )

To go against the grain of the recent posts, there is not a huge difference.

The FMF is a little faster, and the DG is a little smoother.
That's about it. Either pipe will be a big jump over stock.

The DG is also about $ 60-80 cheaper.

Jack

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…