gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
A couple guys I work with are into the motocross thing. They were talking about a track being open at 7:00am to 1:00pm. They were saying how great that was because of how much cooler it is in the morning.

So I said, " Oh, is it too hot for you girlie motocross riders?"

The other guy blurted back, "At least we're not out running through the woods chasing Little Red Riding Hood!"

....and I did not have a come back.:scream: :(

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Motocrossing in the a.m. is not just because of the heat factor. They need those hours in the afternoon to power wash, buff, polish, spit-shine, rub down, hand-detail, and re-apply fresh graphics so that the next time on the track, the bike will look good.;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Chasing LRRH isn't all that bad...at least you are Riding! I played that MX game for 15 years. The only way to get enough riding in to make it fun was run two classes, like 125ex and 250 ex classes. Now, ten years after I thought I was done with motorcycles; I do enduro's when I'm not broken. Got to tell you some of these enduro's out here go through places than would make the buffest, fastest, ballziest, cleanest MX'er brown their shorts! (A-B loops). C- loopes are hard enough for the rest to keep it interesting.

Have some just fun rides that feel like Hare Scrambles....MX'er would love those. Last Chance Colorado was tons of fun for an old MX'er. Also got almost 5 hours of solid riding on that day. That was enough.:)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
G - Just tell 'em it's cause you enjoy chasing skirts a whole lot more than sitting on your tailgate lying about it. ;)

Now that's a sexist remark. :eek: :scream:

katoom300

Feb 3, 2000
now that's what I'm talking about, all my MX buddies like to say things like:

what do you guys do in the woods plant flowers, and feed the deer?

the fact is we plant mar.....nevermind, and we dont feed the deer, we dodge the bears! I've invited them up to ride the trails by me at least 20 times, and it's the same thing every time....yeah we'll be there, but come Sunday, nobody shows!!

So I went to Unadilla to do their thing!....now I'm not saying mx is easy, I got arm pump in the first ten seconds, but when the moto was over, I felt fine.

Now I ask them...What do you motocross fagots do with the rest of your energy? Sitting around and braging about the last 15 minute moto shouldnt use too much!

check out my site

no mx, sx, or stupid jumps!!www.woodsracer.com :D

cr514

Aug 22, 2001
hey katoom300 gasgasman and myself both live in Texas and the only bears I've seen are big fat out of shape tub of lards riding around on enduro bikes and four wheelers. Most of us mxers have a real hard time riding in the woods, we tend to fall asleep after a few minutes its just to boring. :p

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
What Gives

I ride EVERYTHING, with friends that like it all as well.

I find that woods riding is good for MX skills as well as MX is good for woods riding.
Go in the trails and hit roots and rocks for a day then go race on a track you will notice that the small rocks or braking bumps on an MX track seem to be nothing compaired to wood riding, just the same as if I Race an MX track with Big "stupid" Jumps then go wood riding, doing the big jumps helps with bike controll, I have came in to a wood trail that had whoops before a berm, all the wood rider only guys would not blip the throttle and jump into the berm because gosh forbid their tires leave the ground.

To summ it up the wood riders I was with that day seen my approach and said that only because they don't jump often they were not able to see the same line I was seeing.

Do your self a Favor and .....open your eyes to all types of riding

cr514

Aug 22, 2001
I agree Yamamoto I just didnt like being refered to as a mx fagot. the truth be known most of us mxers do not have time to play in the woods, we spend to much time practicing. Which is usually more than 15 minutes at a time :cool:

katoom300

Feb 3, 2000
hold on

ok, I knew I was gonna strike a nerve with this one, don't get me wrong, I've got a healthy respect for mx, heck my first race was Unadilla, I refer to my friends as "mx fagots", as they refer to us as "woods faries", the two camps have always been a little devided, each aspect of the sport has it's own talents, some people participate in both, some just one or the other. We have a lot of web sites that deal with the mx side, but not many that deal with off-road, and that's what my site deals with OFF-ROAD ONLY!

If you only ride MX, you are certainly welcome to come join the off-road discussion, you just will not find a lot of MX info there, there is plenty of that right here.

Andy

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
well Then

I'll be the MX fagot .....Name are just names and that just shows me the type of person that the Poster is.

So this is where it started.....A couple guys I work with are into the motocross thing. They were talking about a track being open at 7:00am to 1:00pm. They were saying how great that was because of how much cooler it is in the morning.

So I said, " Oh, is it too hot for you girlie motocross riders?"

To me I see it as a playfull kinda way to express ones interest. However You can tell that gasgas is not secure to where he stands and feels the need to come back ....sorta like Yamaha Rules type of thing ...its all opinion.

Its kinda funny but Very childish to see grown men to act as if one is better then the other.

ooooh The "motocross thing" .......

I see the diffrence and thats why I like it all.

I am not just an MXer Or a woods rider ....I kinda look at myself as a Dirtbiker because what every it is ...I'll ride it

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
So what Yamamoto is saying is...

"Sometimes I like to chase skirts and other times I like to sit on the tailgate and lie about chasing skirts."

Pretty much a description of my college days. ;)

cr514

Aug 22, 2001
Yamamoto, gasgas and myself were just having fun exchanging insults when I ended the war with the red riding hood statement. We are both grown men, I don't plan on growing up anytime soon life would just be too boring. By the way RED RULES!!!!!!!:think :think :think :p I think gasgas just wanted some help from his fellow enduro buddies RED RULES RED RULES RED RULES RED RULES!!!!!!!!!by the way I am a fag (fans against Gordon) not a faggot so can we all get back to work.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
Can we all just get along?

How on earth did this turn into a MX vs Enduro fist fight?

All this was, was a couple co-workers ribbing each other.

Let's go ride. BRRAAAAAAP

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I race in the bush(harescrambles) and i do just that to my bike. Polished swing arm, the bike has to be cleaned with a tooth brush, and i have to have it spotless.I spend hours after every ride, cleaning, polishing, and maintance. Nothing like a clean bush bike. I cant stand it when people show up to the races with a dirty bike. It's just one of my pet pieves.

Originally posted by KaTooMer
. They need those hours in the afternoon to power wash, buff, polish, spit-shine, rub down, hand-detail, and re-apply fresh graphics so that the next time on the track, the bike will look good.;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I cant stand it when people show up to the races with a dirty bike. It's just one of my pet pieves.

:think I guess when your 16 and don't have any responsibilities in life you should at least have a clean bike. Somehow when your over 30, have a spouse, children, a career and a mortgage that clean bike is not very high on the priority list, unless you're anal.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
You would hate me

I just change the oil and the air filter, spit on it and go ride.

I will not even put Graphics on it unless I am selling it. I think my rear fender has had stress marks on it for about 8 months now but that don't slow it down none.

Once every 3 or 4 months ( or when I need to do work on it) I do a complete tear down and repack bearings, change piston, clean the air box out,ect.

My last bike lasted 6 years without a single brake down.....well the black box went but that just a fluke.

Its not because I sit a putt around either.

My wife on the other hand needs to learn to put scrub brush down I try to tell her a dirty bike is a happy bike. I feel to much washing can be a bad thing.

Back to topic.

Diffrent STROKES for diffrent folks!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
when your over 30, have a spouse, children, a career and a mortgage that clean bike is not very high on the priority list, unless you're anal

Nuff said!

Top Bottom