88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
I did a plug chop and as I figured the plug was black with dry carbon.
I have stock pipe, DG silencer, Boyesen power reeds, clean air filter, fresh gas and oil 32 to 1. B9ES plug.
My main jet is 145, pilot is 48, needle clip in middle position.
It really only fouls plugs when I first start it. But it smokes more then it should and shows spooge.
What main and pilot should I try. And whats the best place to get jets for an old 1988.
Thanks

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Hey, thanks J-who. I knew I could count on you. It sure is Fanta "C" island hopefully my fantasy of finding the correct jetting will come true.
I found jets at Dennis Kirk too but I'm going to check Sudco next.
Yes it was a brand new plug.
I'm going to try the B8ES, I will move the needle clip up one position and try a 142 MAIN and 45 PILOT.
To tell you the true and air screw doesn't seem to do much of anything. It's at 1 1/2 out now.
And I do have the service manual.
I'm going to order some jets today.

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
http://www.buykawasaki.com/Default.asp?

My digital camera is not working right now. If you go to the site above and click "view parts diagram" enter the VIN for the 87 KDX you can choose to view microfiech of the airbox, and many other parts.

Thanks for the info. Actually at the sudco.com site I can find the pilot jets I need but not the Main or Needle. My carb is Keihin PWK35.
Do you know what part # needle I would need and MAIN jet 142 and 140.

88KDX

Jan 30, 2003
Thanks for all the great info.
When I get my new digital camera I'll send you some pictures of the air box.
Right now I live in New York State, about 500 ft above sea level. I'm moving to Florida (KDX and all) near Tampa/Ocala in March 2004. I'll probably have to rejet again right.

Top Bottom