Aug 6, 2000
Did you just ever slow down to low first, sit down, and just putt around. I did that today and I gotta say it was pretty cool. I usaully move so fast that I don't notice everything around me. It was a lotta fun and different and it helped save whats left of my bike The only times I've done this before when I had to go back after crashing bad (it was either walk back or crawl back). I might start doing this more often.

Anyone else do this on occasion?

DMATT125

Feb 25, 2001
oh yeah

sometimes its nice to go on a leisurly cruise and just take in the scenery. find a little clearing in the woods,shut it down and hang for a while. great stress reliever.i ride in the pines down by you and theres alot to see out there.enjoy

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I do this sometimes as well. There are times when you just aren't in the mood to push the limits, and it's nice to just putt around and relax.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
I can make my XR250R go so slow it's almost as if I'm not moving at all. It's great just putting around the woods, and going slowly makes me a better rider I think.

Lee Wilson

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I do often.Its pretty nice to putt around looking at the wildlife instead of scaring the crap of it going through the trail or pasture flying.:eek:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
we used to sometimes practice riding trials on our mx bikes. that's a challenge. it was alot of fun. i haven't done that in several years. maybe i'll try it again next time i go play riding.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I act like I'm practicing trials some times, like mx547. The only problem is my riding area is really flat, so I act like wheelie-ing over bumps is trial....Yeah I know I sound stupid

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sometimes when I'm feeling really spodely or just having an off day I use that as my excuse
<spode mode on>
uh, I was just enjoying the scenery, I never really noticed how nice it is out here ;) now can you pick this heavy bike up off me :scream:
<spode mode off>

but seriously it's nice to look around, we have large rock outcroppings here in ohio that are really cool to look at.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Track , trail, doesn't matter. I always putt around slow and enjoy the scenery.
Seems the older I get , the slower I putt , the more I enjoy:cool:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I just bought my wife a quad so she can ride with us and yesterday just her and I went for a ride at her pace, It was relaxing, we found new trails, actually ran along side of a couple of coyotes for awhile.

Yep, I'll be doing this more often,matter of fact we're doing Arrowhead this weekend.:) :cool:

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
You know I might get flamed for this but I’ve probably had more fun trail riding on my trials bike than on my trail bike. You can just find a small area of ground & go play-practising riding up things & bouncing around the place or edging around woods that I’d get my KDX stuck in bad enough to abandon.

Don’t get me wrong I still love the buzz of going fast, it’s a drug! . . . but on those days where you feel like getting technical, a trials bike added to the garage is a good thing as you can never have enough toys.

Top Bottom