89nx125

Oct 23, 2007
Well, my DT360 needed a new carb, so I grabbed one off of a RT2 from ebay. I figured since they were both 360s it would fit fine. I didn't look at it closely enough though. The airbox to carb tube is a different size (bigger on the RT) and the carb to intake manifold uses a flange on the RT and another rubber hose on the DT.

I figured people could use this post as a heads up incase they have the same problem I did. I'm thinking about trying to get a RT2 intake manifold and airbox to carb tube off ebay and seeing if that will work. Opinions?

EDIT: Are the reeds supposed to separate from the intake manifold? They look pretty stuck on there, but all the ones off ebay don't have reeds. Should I just pry gently at it?

Vintagesplash

Oct 29, 2005
When I needed a new carb for my '74 MX250, I bought a new Mikuni from Pro-Flo, who I believe are now out of business.

Dennis Kirk sells new carbs also.

As far as the reeds go, I would recommend dmping the old reeds and putting Boyesen reeds on. The old steel reeds are probably fatigued by now and could break off and eat your motor.

89nx125

Oct 23, 2007
pryor said:
The rt2 intake wont bolt up to the dt cylinder. unless I'm wrong.
You're right. It seems the RT series used a shorter intake that had a flange mounting surface, while the DT used a rubber boot and a clamp. Got a carb from a DT250, bolted right up. Thanks for the help

Top Bottom