wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
Ok, so i ordered a 155 main jet from dennis kirk, which i thought i double checked was the right one, (which it was, i think.) but here is my question... do the big bore xr's have a different main from the factory b/c the main i received doesn't have the atomization tube w/ the holes. but my stock one does. then when i though about it, i have never seen any one sell these style jets before.

so would the kehin jet of the same threads perform differently(well of coarse but dramatically?)

i guess what i'm really trying to say is i'm confused.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
i thought the only jets with tubes and holes was the pilot jet?

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
no, i just found out from carb parts warehouse that the main is a 2 peice jet. the main jet is a flat head jet which unscrews from the longer part. I guess, i doesn't look that way to me but when i get my new jet i will find out.

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
Jets types

There are two brands of Jets! I may spell them wrong.
-Mikuni
-Kien

Almost all new 4 strokes use Kien jets.

Jet types descriptions
Pilot - skinnier and longer in shape than the main
Needle - long needle
Main - short and stubby

If you order jets, make sure you are ordering the correct brand. All motorcylce stores sell jets, ~$6 in price
needles are ~$17

Spokes574

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
I know there are two brands of jets, but i'm saying after market b/c the company DG also sells jets(or if you want to call them jet kits). And so do other companies.
But my main jet is about an inch long. it has the standard 6mm hex head with a long atomizing tube like any other piolet jet, just longer. This is why i wasn't sure if any other jet from kehin was going to be like this, or if this was something special that honda had made up to help w/ performance or some nonsense. :bang:

Top Bottom