brettkrupa

Aug 22, 2007
I have a 1984 honda 250 xr when the bike is warm after like 3 mins of riding it starts no problem and on the first kick, however when the bike gets really hot it is really difficult to start and I have to get my dad to do it. Anyone know what the problem is? Is there any tricks to starting it when it is hot?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
There is a good chance your valves are too tight. The hotter your bike gets the tighter the valves will get. Adjust the valves.

If the valves are ok, try holding the throttle wide open when starting it hot.

Also, threads like this one should be posted in the general bike repair forum or the thumper forum.

snowskater101

Jul 18, 2007
what are you smokin? we are in general bike repair...

try like he said or try giving it a quarter throttle for a split second right when you kick it over.

ive got an 82 tt250(four stroke also) its the same exact way when it gets really warm. mine just likes a little extra gas when trying to start it hot

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
snowskater101 said:
what are you smokin? we are in general bike repair...

try like he said or try giving it a quarter throttle for a split second right when you kick it over.

ive got an 82 tt250(four stroke also) its the same exact way when it gets really warm. mine just likes a little extra gas when trying to start it hot

Nice way to insult one of the most helpful and knowedgeable members of this board. :bang:

Did it occur to you that this thread got moved to general bike repair after '89er posted his excellent response?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Did it occur to you that this thread got moved to general bike repair after '89er posted ?

:nod: Thanks Dave. :cool:

Some mornings it's not even worth the time it takes to gnaw through the leather straps. :whoa:

Top Bottom