Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Welcome MX-Tech to the vendor forums! Keep everything on-topic and specifically about MX-Tech products and services. General suspension discussions should still be posted in the suspension forum.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I had MX Tech suspension work done about a year ago(give or take a few months) by Shane Baronet in Lafayette, LA. He has since relocated his business to Houston, TX. I have an '00 XR400 that is set up for woods riding for a 180lb. rider. I don't ride a lot but I was wanting to change the fluid just because of the amount of time since I had everyting done. My question is what fork oil do you recommend for your suspensions? Also how much oil in each fork? Thanks in advance. Also just wanted to say that this mod has been the best money I've spent on the bike yet.

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Seems race tech should have included the specks they used when they did the work for you. Reason is so you can get repeatable performance and the best bang for you buck.
If the shop that did the work for you moved and you know this, is it possable to email them and get your specks? If not the oil height in you shop manual should have guidlines to go by. Start with the lower end of the oil scale (less oil= softer tward the end of the travel) and if they are too soft it is easyer to add more oil than to suck it back out. Along these lines you can get a small suringe from a drug store( the kind used to dispence childrens meds) and just add equal amounts through the air bleed hole! Just a thought.

Marlon

MX-Tech Forum Mod
Dec 23, 2003
Hello guys this is Marlon Pineda Operations Manager at MX-TECH East Coast Suspension. <JunkJeeps> for your setup I'd recommend any 7W Fluid at 130mm oil height, we typically use MotorX but any high quality 7W synthetic realistically, is great. Although, if you do decide to go MotorX I'd probably say go with the 5W being as though their 5W is a bit on the heavy side and equals out to be around 7W anyway. However, we determine 7W due to the fact that, there is no real rebound adjustments on the XR400 thus, 5W would be too light, 10W would be too heavy and, 7W would be ideal.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Thanks for the info. I hope to do this soon.

Mark

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Marlon, great to see such a quick reply to junkjeeps questions. I also am drooling over the tripple clamps mx-tech makes and I'm saving my penneys I hope my wife dosen't find my stash!

Marlon

MX-Tech Forum Mod
Dec 23, 2003
lol I have a solution for that too Storytime, cut a little panel into the floor under a piece of furniture that is never moved and build a small safe into that panel with an encryption that reads "motostash" and cover it back up with loose wooden panels :) just kidding but hey if any of you guys have any questions related to the topic of suspension keep them flowing...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom