Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Okay, it has been approx 8-10 years since I have been to Moonrocks. Which turn do you take off of 395?
I remember a Lemon road or valley or something like that.

How far is it from Stead? Can you still ride at Stead?

sigar

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2000
Can't help with the directions to Moonrocks, though I know/think it's to the east towards Fallon. Man it's been about 2 years since I was at Stead, gotta go back, thanks for reminding me. You could ride there 2 years ago.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
You can still ride Stead.

Moonrocks is a few miles south of Pyramid lake on highway 445.

Here is the directions from the Hilton, which is at the freeway crossroads in Reno. Using I-80 east, get off at the Pyramid highway exit turing left onto Pyramid at the bottom of the exit. Head north 20 miles to Winnemucca Ranch Road - turn left. 3.5 miles of paved 2-lane to where the road turns to dirt ~1mile (just past the HUGE fenced corral) turn left. You are on the Moonrocks road 3/10 miles and the staging area is on your right.

Using 395N, exit freeway at the McCarran of ramp and continue to the right onto McCarran (you will see a Wal-Mart on your right on the freeway). Follow McCarran until you get to the Pyramid highway (445), turn left. Then follow the directions above.

There you be!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Winnemucca Ranch Road is the one I was trying to remember!

Thanks Strick!

Sigar, I last rode at Stead during the 94 District 36 Cross Country season (same time I last rode @ Moonrocks). All I can remember of the place is a long, narrow canyon/waterfall trail and a cool fast fire road.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
It is before the shooting range. Past the shooting range is the old Pyramid MX track, which is no longer a track. We do rarely ride from Moonrocks behind the shooting range (Duck), and all the way to the reservation and back. Riding behind that shooting range scares me to death. I can't believe the speed I carry through that section of the ride.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom