Dirt Bike Carrier - Poll - Moto-Tote vs. All the others

Bman2005

Jun 17, 2005
Hey All-

I am doing some shopping for a bike carrier. I have been running some polls around various forums and curious to know what this community thinks about the myriad of carriers on the market today. It seems that this thread comes up every so often (the last being late last year) so I know product lines change or update their systems.

The major 4 or 5 carrier I am looking at are

Moto-Tote 3
Add-A-Bike
MotoJackRack (MJD)
Vera-Haul
UltimateMXHauler

I would say those are the big ones that stand out. I know there are several others on the market. In the end, I know that I am going to drop 300 clams so I am looking for the product that has given the best overall satisfaction and comfort level while kicking it 75 mph down the highway.

Is seems that everyone prefers the product that they have bought. Nobody has really lost a bike with any one product (under typical use). So what's everybody's opinion in 2005. If you had to buy another one - which product and style would you go for.

I have a nissan pathfinder (tongue weight 500#)..brand spankin g new YZ250f (dry weight 206#)... and a heart condition when I think about hitch or carrier failure :ohmy:

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thank -Bman

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I have a moto tote- very happy with it

I think the MJD and others that support he bike by the frame might be best though.

Plus the moto tote is heavy. But it is a quality piece.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Consider how you will store the carrier as well. Some will be easier to stick in a corner out of the way than others and some will be easier to move around and install by yourself than others. These are things you don't really worry about until it becomes a PITA. They should all work just fine in the end.

Top Bottom