NWDirt

Oct 2, 2006
Hi,

After reading for years about YZ big Bores for the woods, I decided to get with it and have my 01 YZ 250 bored up (275, 285?) and ported for the woods. I did my research on the best shop and all of the procedures involved. I ordered and read Eric Gorrs book and decided hes the man to send my top end to.

Ironically, 10 minutes ago I joined dirtrider.net to further my research on boring etc, only to read that Eric Gorr is not doing work any more. Looks like I am one season too late in making my decision. Its one thing to ship your top end to someone who has hundreds of reccomendations, but if I cant do that, I would rather walk in and see the machine shop/machinist for myself. I am a mechanical engineer and want to know whats happening with my parts. Can someone recommend a machine shop/person who is reputable etc in the NW or even Seattle area?

Also, have any of you woods riders put together Erics semi home brew recipe for a YZ 275 with no head porting?

I am running pump gas with Dumond at 40:1, a 9 oz steahly flywheel weight, an FMF Gnarly pipe, boysen 2 stage reeds and a G2 throttle cam. I love the bike in general, but would love to see it with more grunt down low without taking anything away up top.

Dave in Seattle Wa

P.S. I recently helped my dad die at home of mesotheliomia and totally think Eric’s got his priorities straight.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Eric is ramping back up for the Fall and he is still doing big bores with US Chrome. He has pistons and full kits in stock and ready to ship for the most popular models.

He'll have details on his website soon, but if you want one now you can call him at 630-825-5645 or email him at :
ericgorr @ hotmail.com
(don't forget to remove the spaces around the @ sign)

Top Bottom