Dirt Bike Magazine Covers

alphado

Uhhh...
Jun 6, 2001
Here is a copy of an E-mail that I sent:

Corinne,
I have been a satisfied subscriber to Dirt Bike Magazine for probaly the last five years. Lately I have been receiving my copy of Dirt Bike with the cover torn off. As I frequently participate in motocross related Message Boards I have come to notice that there are a lot of other people with the same problem. Honestly I could probally live with the torn cover but today when I received my December issue of Dirt Bike I got a big suprise. Of course the cover was torn off, but instead of a Dirt Bike Magazine inside I got a copy of Cycle World. This was upsetting to me, after seeing the cover of Dirt Bike it looked like a very good issue. Please send me a new copy of the December Issue of Dirt Bike or let me know so that I can go out and buy it myself before it gets sold out.

Thank You,

Dennis Albrewczynski

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
:p :p DECEMBER ISSUE!!!!, DECEMBER ISSUE!!!, I never even got my November issue, and October was shredded!!:mad: :mad: E-mail is already sent to Corinne, but I didn't know the December issue was already out!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I think it has to do with the type of binding they use. If they use the type where they fold all the pages in half to make the mag then you'll probably lose the cover. If they use the binding that all the pages are individually cut and glued together, then you've got a better shot at it.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'm pissed becuase I travel a lot and I see the new issue on the stand before I get mine by a least a week every month. It sucks. I have read DR, cycleworld and Motorcyclist just this month. I hope it does not happen to me becuase I think that I may have already read it. That would suck even worse.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Just got my mag....I mean cover today. Nothing inside again for the 2nd month in a row. I called their 800 number to get a new one, the woman there said they are going to use a new binding procedure starting for the Jan. issue that will hopefully fix the problem:think

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I dont subscride and even when I purchase the mag (rarely) the cover rips and falls off within a few days with just everyday handling (picking it up, flipping pages, putting back down :silly: ) I dont think I have one mag in my stack that has all three staples left in it.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I just got an e-mail from Corinne saying both issues are in the mail.:)

jalbert

Jul 20, 2001
i can't believe i'm not the only one! my cover has arrived totally shredded for the past 6 or more issues! the old staple method that they use sucks:mad: dirt rider, racer x ect are well put together. the motocross action guys might be alittle harsh but at least their mag stays together. come on dirt bike mag dudes why be cheap give a rough and tough mag

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Got mine the day after you posted with everything in one piece. I know and ride with one of the local mail carriers. He does not have my route though. They are pretty good about not tearing stuff up(happens evry noe and then). He takes his job pretty serious.

I assume they come in a bundel to your city with everyone in Alphabetical order and are shorted and given to your carriers from there. I also assume that yours is on top. The straps used for bundeling are ripping you cover up. I seriously dought that they would ship out known deffective stuff. I would talk with your mail carrier and find out if there is anything that you can do. Also, I would talk with DR and see what they have to say about it. Remeber its the squeeky wheel that gets the grease.

I don't think that you are the only person becuase I have heard other people campain that it happens a lot.

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
I renewed my subscription last week via 800 number, and I mentioned that the magazines were arriving rather beat up. The order lady said that the last three issues had lousey binding and the trouble was wide spread. And, she said that the next issue should be of better construction. Lastly, she offered to send me replacement copies of all three issues!! :) BTW, if you order now, the rate is lower than the rest of the year.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I got the Oct, Nov, & December issues in an envelope on Saturday. :) Now I'm a happy camper! Thanks Corinne!

Top Bottom