Dirt Bike Magazine

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I know this is fairly minor but I would like to know if anyone else has the same frustration.

Every month when I receive my copy of Dirt Bike in the mail, the cover is shredded and sometimes loose from the rest of the magazine. I usually comes in a plastic bag with a half hearted apology from the postal service. This has been going on for several years! I have complained at the post office and they blame the publisher. I have complained to the publisher and they blame the postal service. Funny thing is, this is the only magazne (of any type) I have ever received that is abused.

I received my new copy today and the cover was completely loose again. I know it's not the magazine it was 25 years ago but I would still like to receive it in one piece since I'm paying quite a bit more for it these days.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So the title of the post should be USPS. ;)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Ya know, that's what I thought initially but like I said, Dirt Bike is the only mag that I have ever received that was shredded including the wife's and kid's stuff.

Maybe there's a greenie at the post office who doesn't like orv's .:think

Or......maybe Newman is reading it in the bathroom before he delivers it! :(

Last edited:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
I have the same problem here in Texas. Every month, at least one of the staples is non functional for the cover. Interestingly, my subscription does not come in a plastic bag though.

It is the only magazine I get that is folded, spindled, and mutilated.........

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I dont subscribe to the mag but when I buy a copy (rarely) within a couple of days of purchasing it, the cover is completly seperated from the rest of the mag, like you were discribing. I dont even think one of my copies of DIRTBIKE still has the cover on it. Whats with that?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by txvintage
I have the same problem here in Texas. Every month, at least one of the staples is non functional for the cover. Interestingly, my subscription does not come in a plastic bag though.

It is the only magazine I get that is folded, spindled, and mutilated.........

The USPS puts it in a bag, with a little apology note, when the cover falls off.

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
maybe this should be in advanced technology and engineering, so we can talk about new, more durable Magazine cover materials and production methods. :confused:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Do they usually have a stapled cover? I've noticed that a mag with a stapled cover is much more inclined to lose its cover than a glued one.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
It's all part of the conspiracy.

As mention here ;)

Hey, how come the links don't automatically appear in bold text anymore?

Last edited:

johnnymoto

~SPONSOR~
Nov 9, 2000
Mine too! I thought it was our friendly local -postal -workers. I didn't dare complain because I didn't want them to go off or anything like that. :eek:

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Re: It's all part of the conspiracy.

Originally posted by VintageDirt
As mention here ;)

Hey, how come the links don't automatically appear in bold text anymore?
Why do I get an "access denied" message when I click on your link?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Re: Re: It's all part of the conspiracy.

Originally posted by spanky250
Why do I get an "access denied" message when I click on your link?
Because I screwed up and that post is in the support team forum. Sorry about that.:confused:

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
My latest issue came in same, sorry state. But no bag.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
Honestly guys. How can the cover handle all the abuse the postal workers put on a magazine, while reading it in the bathroom?.:scream:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Oh, I forgot to say...

I usually get two Cycle News on the same day, my RacerX looks likes it's been on file in the men's room at a last chance gas station, my Trail Rider has been ridden, and my Dirt Bike mag always has the cover torn off. Funny thing is my MXA is always in pristine condition.

R White

Sep 13, 2001
yup my rages all show like that and after their allready at news stand its a postal conspiracy I.ve let most of my scrips expire and get then from the news stand now so I can be the first to molest the pages:confused:

Last edited:

AlynB

~SPONSOR~
Apr 12, 2001
At least you folks are getting the whole magazine. All I've recieved of the last two issues is the cover with a sticker that reads "Shipped Without Contents".
The bad part is, I hav'nt bothered to complain. I just slip an old copy in the new cover and pretend it's new, there's usually no difference. You can only stand to read about the new YZ250F so many times.
I'm switching to "DirtRider" this year.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Funny thing, just a few days ago I got both my new copy of Dirt Bike and American Motorcyclist. Of course the issue of Dirt Bike had its cover ripped and almost falling off. But my AM magazine was in perfect condition.

For all you Dirt Bike magazine bashers out there please don’t talk trash about my favorite magazine. If you don’t like it don’t read it and don’t insult it either, it’s just rude. Rudeness reflects poorly on dirt bikers, our group is already under fire. No need to give people another thing to complain about. I love reading what Tom Webb has to say each month; I like reading From the Saddle. I’m glad that DeCoster is gone, but he always did say something interesting. So yes I am mad about my issue of Dirt Bike always being torn, but it’s what’s inside that counts. Oh... and for the people that only get the cover, SCREAM BLOODY MURDER!!! ;)

Lee W.

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
I USED to have the same problem. ONLY Dirt Bike Magazine. ALL other magazines were fine, but DB would come with the covers all ripped up. My postman used to laugh every timem it came. It became a big joke between us.
I don't have that problem any more........ I don't subscribe to any magazine any more(except Trail Rider), due to the sheer lack of concern the mags had over the Roadless Initiative.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by LWilson250
For all you Dirt Bike magazine bashers out there please don’t talk trash about my favorite magazine. If you don’t like it don’t read it and don’t insult it either, it’s just rude.

BYTE me junior :)

Top Bottom