RECENT POSTS

Dirt bike snow conversion kit

I saw a poster in my local shop the other day advertising snow conversion kits for dirt bikes. I can't put my finger on the name of the brand that makes them but its just a track that goes in place of the wheel and a ski that replaces the front wheel. has anyone had any experience with them?

I live up here in canada and snow is getting more scarce in winter. Its almost bad enough to sell the sleds. I think if i could sell one of our sleds and replace it with a track kit it would work out alright, as i only got to sled a handful of times last winter.

Pushing a track will rob whole lot of power, I wouldn't want to do it on a 125 even if they made one. There are 2 other companies that make sno kits, I just can't for the life of me think of them! Kimpex had a prototype going a few years back as well.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
Yup they are pricey... but its a dirtbike ...way better then sleds IMHO and you don't have to buy store and maintain both a:nod:

I don't think that I'd run them in sand ( I assumed sand dunes) as the snow lubricates the sliding surfaces/bogie's ect... to some extent, but sand ?

Actually, the Switch Traxx2x (shorter track, but wider) is advertised to run on snow, sand, and dirt. I don't know how effective it would be, but that's what it says.
I might have to move to Canada and get one of those.
Cool stuff.