Deity

Nov 8, 2000
OK, I am wanting to trade the ole 97 CR in on something newer, unfortunately my dealer wont take it on trade becasue it was never titled (3rd owner, dont ask me why they never titled it.) so I have no idea who the original purchaser was, how can I get the bike titled in my name so I can trade it off? anyone have any experience with this? I know laws vary from state to state, and I live in Missouri, but any help I could get would be great.

Thanks

Aaron

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
For one reason, here in Missouri, you can go down to Procycle (the local Honda dealer) and pick up any Honda for less than MSRP. And that's with no freight/assembly added. I know it's hard everywhere else to sell a bike, but you should come down to my area and try to sell one. It's next to impossible. Unless you are ready to just sign over the title.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Can you go to your DMV and title it? You can here in New Mexico.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
A friend of mine, a few years ago, bought an older used bike with no title. He was friends with a state trooper who wrote some kind of note or affidavid? with the VIN number, claiming that the bike legally belonged to this guy. He took the note to the County Court Clerk and she got him a title for it. I would call the County Court Clerk's office and see what they say.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Here, you can go to DMV and start the process and get it VIN verified then fill out a statement of facts stating you have no title and don't know the original owner. They will check old reg and then if it's clear, issue you a new title in your name.

Top Bottom