dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I just wanted to say THANK YOU so very much to Sharla, Lori, Noel (I hope your head is better) and Karl for one GREAT weekend. The riding was the best I've ever experienced (not to mention the most crashing I've ever done) and the company I was keeping was top notch. It was definitely worth the 5 1/2 hour drive over. You gals are for sure on my A list. :thumb: I have already reserved next weekend for the same, if you'll have me. Well, minus the crashing I'm hoping. :)

When I get home I can try to give my best ride report. Maybe the other ladies will assist me on that one. ;)

You gals rock!!! :yeehaw: And Karl, you better warn your brother I'm coming over again. :p

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey it was GREAT to have you over here! I had a ton of fun too. That was a great ride, and ditto on the company. Saturday is spoken for next weekend but I doubt you will lack for willing company to ride with . . . too bad there is no bonfire party this weekend. Yet . . . ;)

We could even try motocross a little if you want!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Looks like you girls had some FUN!! FC22, now I want to come up there and ride too!! Looks like we will all ride together in Reno, gonna be a blast!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by motohead00
I have heard stories of bonfires up in the Northwest and outlaw XR racing. The news travels far and fast!

You're mistaken, sir. There are no such things up here. Drunken XR races? Bonfire jumping? :think: I don't know what you're talking about. :eek: And no matter what that guy told you, I cut him off fair and square!

FC I'll hit that motocross track whether my KDX and I are ready or not. No jumps, but we'll see how tight I can get in the turns before I take myself out. I have a three day weekend so there will be plenty of time to cause trouble. :p

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Glad you enjoyed the torture dirty~d!!!

If you make it over this weekend you would be one of the first people actually willing to come back for a Mica ride so soon!!! Hope your leg is okay. Hope Dirtygirly's head is okay! :scream:

Saturday is a possibility for a ride for me, I have a snowplow workshop Saturday morning but should be back home by noon. Karl will be working Saturday and I'm not sure what D has going on. We can work on climbing the Eliminator Hills (new name for them) behind the house before hitting the trails.

Sunday is out for me, Karl & have winterizing work to get done.

I want to hear your version of the ride report before I chime in!!!!! :)

We did sneak out yesterday (hope my boss never finds DRN) to get in a few miles over to Signal Point & back. We hit about 1 1/2" (38 mm for Michelle) of snow on the Idaho side of Signal - nothing like snow covering loose dirt over broken up rock gardens created by the quads that have invaded our trails due to the loggers raping every inch of the forest (private lands, do what you please I guess). I was questioning my own intelligence at following Karl down some of the hills. I've slid down them in the summer and THAT was challenging but with the snow it made it even more exciting. I did comment at the bottom of one that "I was NOT going back up that!!!" (I think Karl's bro was in agreement with that sentiment too.) The logging roads had a nice coating of compact snow so we had fun slipping around on that for a bit too.

It was a nice ride but dang it was COLD!!! Like a dummy I didn't take the Gauntlets (handlebar covers that keep your hands cozy) so my hands were frozen until my sweetie gave me his and froze his hands for the rest of the ride. We were all feeling like popsicles by the time we got back to the nice cozy shop.

I suggest bringing WARM gear and some of those little handwarmers & feet warmers if you do make it over this weekend. You might even get to ride in some snow!!!! :thumb: (Guess I better charge up the helmet cam batteries)!!!! :yeehaw:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Oh heck yeah I'm coming back for more!!! Count on me being there by noonish on Saturday. PM me directions from I-90 to your place.

Ride report still in the editing stage. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by bbbom

It was a nice ride but dang it was COLD!!! Like a dummy I didn't take the Gauntlets (handlebar covers that keep your hands cozy) so my hands were frozen until my sweetie gave me his and froze his hands for the rest of the ride. We were all feeling like popsicles by the time we got back to the nice cozy shop.

I suggest bringing WARM gear and some of those little handwarmers & feet warmers if you do make it over this weekend. You might even get to ride in some snow!!!! :thumb: (Guess I better charge up the helmet cam batteries)!!!! :yeehaw:

I am sorry for butting into the Ladies room but bbbom's post caught my eye. I have recived "Extreame Cold Weather Training" from the Army. Girls, wear hose under Poly Propilyne and you'll be fine. The hose(bottom....Lycra or nylon under poly up top) will slick the moisture away and the Poly pro will vent it to your gear and away from you. For your feet I would reccomend wool with Gore-Tex socks, about $20.00 at any sporting goods store. Keeps the cold out and the warm in, while pulling sweat and expelling it. For the hands all I can recomend is trying out some slim winter weight gloves, look for exterior stiched gore-tex.

Have fun!

P.S. The #1 thing to remember isthat "Cotton Kills." In cold Temps Cotton holds moisture and doesn't insulate well. Wear layers and synthetic ones at that. More over happy trails!

(Backing out and closing door quietly)

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Glove liners make a big difference too--just with liners inside my normal riding gloves my hands were almost toasty (except when riding on roads, can't do much for the windchill factor). I was actually warm as long as I was riding, it was just the rest stops and trailside jetting changes that hurt. I didn't even remember an undershirt, was just wearing my normal jersey and sports bra.

It's supposed to rain Thursday and Friday. We need the moisture but it might create ice . . . we will have to wait and see.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Ride Report (from the seat of my KDX)

(Warning: Reading this might make your eyes burn.)
It’s a bit long, but I wanted to cover as much as I could remember.

Cold, crisp air. Clear, blue skies. New faces that felt like old friends from the second I stepped out of my truck. I knew it was going to be a good day. :thumb:

Early afternoon Sunday we slapped our gear on and Lori made us decide… the road or the hill climb for warming up? Well, what better way to warm up than a hill climb you’ve never been on? I never realized how heavy my KDX was until I had to pick him up every 10 yards. At the bottom of the hill climb I managed to introduce myself to one of the trees that was living a peaceful existence, until that day. Some help from Karl and a few kicks to start it, I was on my way again… only to greet the next steep incline with my butt. Lori was nice enough to get my beast up the last 15-20 feet (boy do I feel like a wuss.) By then I was seeing a few stars. I think I need to increase the intensity of my morning step aerobics if I am to survive this bike. Noel fought with her KX and managed to make it to the top to be greeted with cheers of victory. From that point on the hill was going to get worse so Noel and I opted for the road up to the head of the next trail. The others went on up the hill to meet us at the top. We met up and took a few minutes to prep the bikes. There is nothing like a prepped bike and well, my bike was nothing like it. My carb apparently needs a little TLC as it was pissing fuel every time I stopped. Karl then noted that adjusting my sag might be to my benefit… boy was it. THANKS KARL! FC had to make a few minor adjustments on her KTM as well. Our pit stop was a great opportunity to glance around to take in how beautiful the area was. At that time I was kicking myself for not taking my camera. With the bikes now prepped and everyone pumped up to ride we went up one last hill climb… containing a rut with my name ALL over it. As we passed another trailhead I could see two quads coming up to the trail we were on. Well they got a front row view of me kissing the edge of this rut with my front tire and doing a full body slam to the ground. I hit so hard that I managed to bounce once. As I got right back up and started to pick up my bike I could see the expressions on the faces of the hunters… suffice it to say I know they think I’m crazy. :) I survived the rest of the hill where everyone was waiting for my dusty butt at the top. After that Lori took Noel and I through some pretty fun stuff. The guys and Sharla went up a different side of the hill and from what I hear she didn’t curse Karl once. Good girl. Noel started to experience a minor problem with her bike as we worked our way up a hill climb that I thought was pretty dang fun. Loose ground, a few ruts and pretty long, but not too steep. I’m really diggin my KDX at this point. When we had almost made it to the top Noel’s bike decided it’d had enough of this hill. Lori had me scoot to the top and wait while she took Noel through a less demanding section. As I made it to the top I met up with Karl, Dan, and Sharla (there was one other guy, but for the life of me I don’t remember his name). Us gals rested up and chit chatted while the guys fixed Noel’s KX. As I remember correctly it was a cable problem?? Once everyone was patched up and rested we, again split up. Sharla went with the guys once more to receive a royal spanking and from the report I received she survived it quite successfully. Atta girl!! :thumb: Lori, Noel and I went down another section of trail that was so SWEET. It was a lot of single track and farely tight in some places. That’s when I really started to learn how to toss my beast around. Granted I wasn’t going as fast as I could have been, but I was having just a wonderful time. I do remember dropping him a few times and having problems finding 1st gear on a couple of corners, but all in all I was quite pleased with my performance through there. Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the log that my bike pinned me to. Thank you to Noel for getting my bike off of my leg. J He has it in for me, I swear. When we made it to the bottom we were again given an option. Down the road to a new trail or fight our way back up the one we just came down… so back up we went. This is again where my memory is a little blurry. I apologize. Lori can fill in the blanks as she remembers those trails much better than I ever could. The next memory I have is doing a wheelie up hill, which I managed to hold onto for a few seconds. It felt great!!! I was being a squid and I DIDN’T crash. WHOOHOOOO!! :yeehaw: Of course shortly after I put the tire down I met a log that decided I was having too much fun. It grabbed the back tire and launched me into a full face plant. :ugg: I was hearing bells for a few minutes, but nothing was in techno-color so I knew I was fine. As I assisted Lori in getting my bark busters back in place we chit chatted about various trail experiences… Lori is one great gal. After getting the KDX pieced back together we raced up to meet up with Noel who had been in front on this section. She was patiently waiting. Heading down the hill behind Noel was an interesting experience. I’m about 20 feet behind her, watching as her rear tire starts to bounce inside a rut. Just when I think she’s got a handle on it, she disappears off the trail and all I could see was her back tire up in the air. I reached the corner and threw my bike down when I saw her on her back, head first down the side of the trail and her bike laying almost on top of her. GOOD LORD CHICA, don’t you ever scare me like that again! Lori had caught up by this time and we all worked together to get her and her bike back up to the trail. She was a little wobbly, but I was confident she would be ok. We all coasted down the hill to the road and made it back to the house intact. Shortly after we had settled in, the guys and Sharla came popping down the road. While warming by the stove we all shared our stories over a few beers. Never have I felt so close to a new group of people in my life. So now Lori, you ask if I’m up for it again? YOU’RE DARN RIGHT I AM!

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
from what I hear she didn’t curse Karl once.

This time anyway! Anybody remember Reno?

Great ride report D! That was SUCH a good ride. I have never been on the "guy's loop" before. Wow. There was, I am sad to say, one hill I didn't make it up; I forget Lori, was it Hangover or Oops-I-Crapped-My-Pants? Made it a little ways, then couldn't get going and didn't want to try. I made it up all the others though, even if not gracefully or in one try. One especially was near the end of the day and we had gone DOWN it earlier (steep, loose, twisty, loose chunks of sticks and logs everywhere from logging) and I tried to hit it in first. Well, every time that happens I can't seem to keep my front tire on the ground. So I went all the way back down and climbed it in 2nd gear, much better. It felt great to make it up that.

D and Noelle rode great! Despite 3 of the 4 females present being plagued with bike problems, no one had to park theirs so it turned out ok. Thanks to Dan and Karl for their help with my jetting. Noelle did indeed have cable problems, something about the routing made the clutch cable disengage when the bars were turned a certain way. The guys did something to fix it though.

Karl LOVES the nasty stuff and he LOVES to drag unsuspecting riders through it. Wow. He's a great guy and a great rider though. The scenery at Bbbom's place is truly beautiful--well worth the driveway. :eek: We had a great sunset to watch as we enjoyed our refreshing adult beverages when we returned.

This weekend will rock too.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Keep an eye on the weather out there for me. It's not going to matter to me what it does. If it's too wet to hit the trails maybe FC and I can hit the motocross track on Sunday. I need to see this double jumping stuff. :) Thanks for the directions Lori. I'll be sure to call when I hit Spokane incase you need me to pick up anything along the way.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
No problemo! Nice ride reports!

I agree with you ~d, don't do that again Noel!!!!

FC22, from what I heard you conquered Hangover Hill but OICMP got you. Gotta love the hills around here!

The weather can't make up it's mind. Was supposed to rain today thru Sunday. It rained a bit today but right now its' nice with just a hint of overcast. We'll see what it does.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Great Read Diane :thumb:

I made it through Sat. riding Big Lou's Pumpkin :aj:
The report is up.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Wow. Two awesome weekends in a row. What did I do to deserve this??? :yeehaw: Thanks again to Lori and Pat for a great ride on Saturday. No crashing... WOOOHOOOO!!! I hope you're feeling better chica. PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a hard copy of the picture I took of Pat. It turned out pretty good. He looks so studly on his bike. ;)

Thanks also to FC22... dang that track was fun. Too bad the snow sucked. :ugg: My hip's better, just a little stiff and sore. Please tell Mike and his buddy thank you for helping with my bike. :cool:

Top Bottom