BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Everyone dreams of riding the great tracks around the world. Some actually get to. While I'm not likely to pick a day at the track over a day on the trail, I enjoy riding with my friends. The rush you get coming out of the gate heading for the first turn is addictive but sometimes, I just like the trees scraping the bark busters just a bit more.
For those of you who don't like to get your bikes really, really dirty, you're missing out. Three areas that I am able to frequent have the greatest variety of trail riding you'll find. Granted, sometimes you'll get pretty muddy but trust me, it's worth it.
Today, we rode the Stillwater Cycle Park, Stillwater, OK, AKA the 500. We've had a wet spring and the ground is absolutely saturated. There were lots of mud holes, most you could navigate around and the rest was primo traction. If you've never been to this part of Oklahoma, the dirt is red. After riding in this red dirt/mud, with your friends you will have the same rush you get racing out of the gate on an MX track, the difference is, 10 min moto vs. 6 hours of riding for $25/year! Muenster or Chadwick offer as much diversity as the 500 and if you haven't riden at one of these places, your missing a piece of dirtbike heaven.
Don't get me wrong, riding or racing MX is great but a day in the woods at one of these three offroad paradises is something worth the hour of cleaning up afterwards. One thing is for sure, if you ride the 500 when its muddy, your gear will remind you of it for as long as you have it. That red tint will remain after dirtbiking is dead and gone, hopefully a very long time from now.

Top Bottom