Dirt Rider Kayaba Forklift Article/06 YZ fork spring swap

MxRacer965

Apr 17, 2000
Just hoping someone could help me out....I just picked up a leftover '06 YZ125 and am going to replace the fork and shock springs. My current bike is a '03 YZ125 so the Air/Oil Seperated fork on the '06 will be a new experience for me. That said, I began scouring the net for a how-to and stumbled across the reference to the Dirt Rider article in the November 2005 issue on the DRN forums...but of course, no pictures. I tried to see if I could order a backissue, but they don't have it on the DirtRider site. ....which leads me to the question - can anyone perhaps scan the pages and send them to me? I don't think I will necessarily need them for the fork spring swap, but I'd love to have the information for the future when I need to service the forks.

Has anybody replaced the fork springs? How involved is it? Doesn't seem too bad (still more involved than the old ones though). Remove fork cap, pour oil out of the outer chamber, remove rebound adjuster from fork leg, unscrew rebound adjuster from damper rod and remove internals. Replace spring, install internals, thread on rebound adjuster to damper rod (after seating the lock nut), install rebound adjuster into the fork leg, put oil back in, tighten fork cap. Sound about right?

Thanks in advance for any tips, tricks, etc!

Aaron

MxRacer965

Apr 17, 2000
...nevermind I guess. Spring replacement is done, was a piece of cake. Guess if anyone has the article, I would still appreciate that though

Top Bottom