Dirt Rider Mag does not know what we are building yet.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I just read the Dirt rider rag update on the build off and they did not have a clue what we are doing here. Are we keeping everything a secret on purpose? here is what the article said:

The invites went out, and after the slight fog of confusion lifted, five different message boards have begun their cyber-builds. Each message board, Thumpertalk.com, KTMtalk.com, CRFsOnly.com, Dirtrider.net and our own, Dirtrider.com, have begun working together to design their ultimate bike which will be featured in Dirt Rider magazine.

The challenge of the Internet Bike Build is for each board to discuss and design a bike that best represents the members of the forum. And not only that, but actually build it and get it to us by April 1. Each bike will be reviewed by the Dirt Rider staff in the conditions for which it was built. The Internet Bike Build is not a direct competition between the boards, but rather a project to see what each site comes up with as the bike that best represents their members.

Check out the progress on each site so far:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ThumperTalk.com
Spawning from a DRZ400S, Thumper Talk is ready to surprise everyone with a "DRZ475TT" - street legal, but also an off-road weapon. This bike will be able to do it all from trail riding to supermoto. While most sites have just decided on a base model and purpose for their bikes, the over-achievers on TT already have a long list of mods from suspension and motor right down to lights and tires. I guess we can plan on seeing theirs arrive first...

KTMTalk.com
The "in-it to win-it" KTM crowd has chosen the 300 XC-W as the base model for their ultimate pumpkin. It looks like theirs will also be an off-road bike, and most likely a seriously competetive one. The many discussions on KTMtalk.com about the Dirt Rider Internet Bike Build are still buzzin, so if you want to get your $0.02 in, there's still time.

CRFsOnly.com
I'll give you two guesses what this board is building. That's right, a KDX200. (I'm kidding, of course.) CRFsOnly will be starting with the venerable Honda CRF450X, and building the off-road bike of their dreams. Jetting is at the top of their mod-list, and they're quickly working their way down to everything from suspension to accessories.

Dirtrider.net
Apparently I "do not have sufficient privileges to access this page," on the Internet Bike Build discussion on Dirtrider.net, so their progress shall remain a mystery. We'll just call their bike a wildcard. Maybe they'll complete the rainbow with a Kawasaki... whatever they're building in there will be a welcome surprise.

DR Internet Bike Build
Do you think the Dirt Rider YZ250 motor should be stock, or overbore? Stock YZ250 motor
Max Power YZ285

Dirtrider.com - Join in the Build!
Our very own boards are busy at work on the Dirtrider.com YZ250 - a GP-style bike that is a competitive off-roader with motocross versatility. Our boards are still busy discussing the direction of the YZ250, with the latest decision of the motor mod still pending. Join in the DR.com build by voting right now on whether the motor should be stock or bored to 285cc. Let's get this going so we can put Jimmy to work on the build!

I think that we should que them in.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
We are not keeping it a secret. We are just limiting the contribution to the Support Team Members and Subscribers. They have put in a lot to this site over many, many years and it made sense that in order to capture the true desire of the contributing members that we limit it to the STM's and Subscribers so the polls do not get skewed by anonymous posters or members who only signed up to take part in the build.

Ivan

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
cnielse5 said:
Dirtrider.net
Apparently I "do not have sufficient privileges to access this page," on the Internet Bike Build discussion on Dirtrider.net
That just proves that this bike is being 'built' so to speak, by the true paying members of the board and not just registered 'visitors'. :nod:

Ivan beat me to it! :bang:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If Mr. Editor Man would give his info, I'm sure we could hook him up with access

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think it would be cool if nobody knew until they opened the crate! :aj:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
XRpredator said:
If Mr. Editor Man would give his info, I'm sure we could hook him up with access

I 2nd that.(honorary limited time access)...but by the time he can get any info into the mag it might be too late...

just my thoughts,
Crazy

NEVERMIND....read post #10..... :nener:

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Patman said:

:nod:

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Patman said:

Could you imagine the tension. The other bikes would show up uncovered, but the DRN bike shows up in a crate. The suspence would be killer. Then watch their jaws drop at the sight of the massive 500cc TWO STROKE!

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Masterphil said:
Could you imagine the tension. The other bikes would show up uncovered, but the DRN bike shows up in a crate. The suspence would be killer. Then watch their jaws drop at the sight of the massive 500cc TWO STROKE!

I'm with you Masterphil, I think I like this idea better then giving Jimmy limited Honorary access. :cool:

Crazy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom