Dirt Rider Mag "Forum Bike".. pics.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dirt Rider Mag "DRN Forum Bike".. pics.

So we've (subscribers, support team members and mods) gotten pretty far getting this thing togehter, now a couple of issues;

1) Who knows of a GPS that will mount nicely? See image 1.

2) Who can weld good? We think this is pretty good, but would like to clean it up a little. Then, a little paint and it'll be killer. See image 2. By the way, thanks to Bill's Bike Bonanza for the pipe, we didn't believe that an expansion chamber on a 4-T would rock, but it does.

3) Anybody got any heat tape? We need to insulate the Ram Air system.
See image 3.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
once complete, the other forums may just concede when they see the finished product :nod:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
*sticking my buck teeth in*

"Okie,
My Uncle can weld...look we can steal some coat hangers from th' laundro'mat and "stick" it together.!!! He will do it for a six pack of Hamm's beer.."

*removing buck teeth*

ya know someone was proud of that bike once.....plus they was not embarrassed enough to sell it.. :ohmy:

Crazy

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I suppose a lot of people are seeing this as a competition... can't be, the bikes aren't going into a shoot out, they made that clear from the beginning. Yeah, I thought I'd make some fun of it, but note I poked at DRN, not the others involved. We DO NOT want this to turn into a forum bashing adventure. I'm sure everyone here knew that anyway.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
I know,that was clear from the word go. That pic is great,I love that exhaust! I bet it has a massive two stroke powerband...

Oh Okie,I belive that image #1 is for a beer.... :rotfl:

Crazy

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Sandjunky said:
Hey, a couple of stickers and that puppy is hip!

I have a few I can donate...If your lucky I will give up a Nike Swoosh. :ohmy:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Damn me for looking :)

I think I own a bike just like that. And I'm sure, just like the owner of that fine machine, the plan is to rebuild it....someday.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Talk about a "pit" bike.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Good one, Dave!:)

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
BSWIFT said:
Talk about a "pit" bike.

Thats funny I dont care who you are.. :rotfl:

Crazy

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
That's a beautiful bike, Charlie Brown.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Is that a skull and crossbones on the tank? :yikes: That baby is only a roll of duct tape away from being in show room condition(as defined by the people from cycle trader and e bay). :ride:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:
Actually Dave, it WAS the boys that modified that tank.

Oh, the humanity. :ohmy:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Okiewan said:
1) Who knows of a GPS that will mount nicely? See image 1.

that's a simple fix, just weld unistrut from the bars to the tank, The only head shake you'll get will be from those who will marvel at the technical enginuity , just don't let Suzuki see it before it's done, they'll rip off the idea

Top Bottom