Dirt Rider Magazine

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Dirt Rider magazine gives Jeremy Wilkey and MX-Tech props on his work. September 2002 issue. Article starts on page 97. Its a 300 MXC that has been converted into a SXS. I want that bike!

afm_722

Apr 24, 2000
Cool bike, agreed! My kind of bike. In fact, I built one for a lot less I believe. If your bike is relatively fresh, then you're just a few phone calls away from a stout KX310. If your bike's a little tired, scoop up a 99-02 for cheap and make a KTM300 killer!

Can you tell I like my bike.....:)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Not the first time they've given Jerm props either. They had a lot of great things to say about the work he did on the 500AF they rode a few months ago (not to mention how cool the bike was). Way to go Jeremy!!!!!!!!!

JohnScott

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2001
Jer,

Do you think all of that SXS is really necessary for a fast beginner to intermediate MXer. Could you achieve similar results with, say, a 2001 300 MXC stock suspension. I realize expert and pro riders might demand more but for the average guy, we pleased with the stock stuff that has been valved for our riding style? Looking at most of the KTM hardparts stuff on their list, looks kinda like eye candy for anyone but the pros - IMO.

afm_722

Apr 24, 2000
Much agreed. My KX310 with suspension and motorwork has penciled out to be a $6400 dialed moto or trail weapon. Of course, starting out at $5400 out the door didn't hurt. I love the concept of having a 250 with more torque and just plain more power.

But, it isn't just more power it's better power that is infinitely tuneable. With a flywheel weight change and a timing change, I can completely alter the motor's power delivery. This can all be done in just 15 minutes.

Every article I read about a KTM300 has me smiling because that's what I have (except I believe mines better!! ) :D Absolutely, the 300MXC is way more capable than any amateur rider's abilities. For the real world (guy's with mortages that don't race for a paycheck), dropping 5 grand of extra stuff on your bike isn't an option and doesn't do much at resale time!!! Making the right changes to your motorcycle is the cornerstone of my company (especially in today's economy!!!!).

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I believe the mag also stated the bike was built by Doug Johns who is also a member of DRN :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…