crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
ive had my twin air filter for about 3 months now and it has seemed to become stained the color of dirt. i cannot get it back to its original white color. ive been using honda foam filter oil and have never had a problem with dirt getting past my filter( 2003 CR125) i clean all my filters with either diesel fuel or mineral spirits.
the stained filter always comes out as clean as my brand new( and still white) filter but it always looks dirty. is there anything i can do about this or is it normal with twin air filters

ive never had this problem with other brands of filters
thanks
chris

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
I've had no problem with getting my Twin Air filter to come clean. Diesel fuel will get the oily dirt out of the filter but soap and water will get the last bit of dirt out and get it really clean. It may be stained by now.

I use fuel to get the oil out of my filter then wash it in warm water and dishwashing detergent. It comes out clean looking every time.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Hmmm.... I know my TwinAir's eventually start to carry a light blue cast because of the Bel-Ray filter oil.

KRN15151

Dec 13, 2002
I clean the filter first with gas. It gets all the oil out and takes some dirt along with it. Then after i do that I use clorox cleanup. It has some bleach in it and it takes all the stains out. Then I thoroughly rinse the filter with a water hose from the inside out. It works great for me as I also have a twin air filter that is actually white and I have had it for 6 months now.

Hope this helps,
Kyle

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If the filter is stained I don't think that you can get it clean. I wouldn't worry about it being stained as it shouldn't affect it's ability to filter the air.

On a side note, I really like te No-Toil products because they clean right up and I don't have to handle gas, diesel, or kerro; and my hands don't look like I'm a Smruff when I'm done.

Top Bottom